VP, Program Management at OwnBackup
Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. OwnBackup is the #1 data backup, archiving, and sandbox seeding app on the Salesforce AppExchange. With over 3,400 customers, we are ranked #38 on Financial Times’ list of America’s fastest growing companies, and have raised $267.5 million in funding from Salesforce Ventures and others.
We are seeking a highly experienced program manager to join our dynamic company, working for the Chief of Staff. You will be responsible for guiding the company through an incredible period of growth, helping us build the processes and information flows that will enable us to operate highly efficiently and at scale. You should be passionate about helping people work together more effectively, developing right-sized processes that solve problems, and enabling teams to deliver on the company’s most important priorities.
Initially the role is of player-manager, but this individual will be expected to build a team of Program Managers, each embedded in different business functions, but operating to a common set of principles, practices and tools and working on projects that span more than one team. The first project this individual will manage is the launch of a major new product. From there they will expand out to help the executive team with the quarterly OKR processes and beyond.
Required Experience and Skills:
- At least 5 years of building and leading a program management team, and 10 years of program management experience (can be overlapping)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound judgment and business acumen; mastery of balancing big picture strategic thinking with ground-level details, and the ability to simplify complex topics for a variety of audiences.
- Collaboration with stakeholders to define, communicate and constantly improve critical cross-team processes.
- Tenacious leader that naturally galvanizes teams, rallying people and inspiring them to take diligent, focused action around a project, task, or idea
- Current MPM or PgMP certifications.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with teams to build plans, gather estimates, track progress, manage issues and dependencies, and maximize the chance of achieving the defined goals (minimizing risk to programs).
- Run retrospectives to ensure teams are constantly learning and refining their processes to be more efficient.
- Operate and further develop the planning, tracking and reporting infrastructure for teams and the company to know if goals are being achieved.
- Use data to help manage and mitigate risk and make decisions.
- Managing programs in high tech companies with SaaS products
- Working with teams delivering software using agile and lean development methodologies
- Working with marketing and sales teams
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize interaction with business.
Here at OwnBackup, culture is as important as results, and a key part of our culture is our differences. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status. OwnBackup will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our market opportunity and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and Salesforce Ventures. The company has experienced 100% year over year growth, establishing early market dominance in a big addressable market. To put it in perspective, OwnBackup has 3,400 customers and nearly all of Salesforce 150,000 customers are a potential fit to use our products. Given the company’s vision to be the leading Cloud Data Protection Platform, there are also plans to expand into other SaaS ecosystems in the company year.