As the global leader in Content Intelligence, Knotch’s mission is to empower brands to unlock the true value of their content by using data-driven strategies. With the Knotch Content Intelligence Platform, companies conduct competitive research and measure the performance of their content in real-time. Through our unique ability to provide a 360-degree view of all your content, including paid and owned, Knotch allows companies to connect content to business outcomes to enhance brand, increase ROI and build audiences.
We’re proud of our team
We’ve been building our products since 2013, and our team has grown in size and in spirit. We’ve been humbly recognized in the top 12% of fastest growing companies in America by Inc! Since the Covid-19 pandemic we’ve become remote-first, and we plan to stay that way. We know that a flexible environment leads to a happy team as we’ve again been named a Best Place to Work four years running by Built In NYC and a NYC company with Best Perks + Benefits in 2021! If you’d like to speak with our recruiting team about the future of Knotch, feel free to connect with us on LinkedIn and learn about us further on our careers site.
The Knotch Account Director
As a Knotch Account director, you will directly impact the company through retaining and growing accounts within our existing install base. You’ll work to establish yourself as a trusted advisor who is focused on supporting your client’s strategic business objectives. Your curiosity and interpersonal skills will help you succeed in achieving team goals and helping our clients become better storytellers through their content. You will work closely with and report directly to our VP of Accounts, Eli Grant.
In your first 30 days, you will...
-Receive thorough training on Knotch’s sales methodology and processes, product suite, and the content marketing space
-Become familiar with all Knotch teams by receiving extensive training on how the Account Director team works cross-functionally
-Shadow other Revenue team members to become familiar with how we work with clients on a day-to-day basis
In your first 60 days, you will...
-Take ownership of a select number of accounts from your book of business and begin forming strong relationships with key stakeholders
-Begin meeting and strategically collaborating with CSMs on your shared accounts
-Begin development of account specific goals and a strategic plan of attack
-Complete initial training exercises and assessments
In your first 90 days, you will…
-Have completed all training exercises and assessments
-Take full ownership of your book of business
-Begin to create account plans for each of your accounts, identifying account goals, whitespace, success plays, and 3x3 alignment
-Conduct an internal Quarterly Business Review (QBR), presenting to your Account Director colleagues and leadership, outlining your plan of attack, next steps, and opportunities to exceed quota expectations
How you’ll add value at Knotch
- Manage a book of business consisting of 10-20 accounts at any time
- Ensure a top-Knotch customer experience throughout each client’s sales cycle
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders within assigned accounts
- Promote Knotch brand and solutions across assigned accounts
- Maintain renewals by identifying key stakeholders at your assigned accounts and creatively manage those relationships
- Identify and win new business opportunities within assigned accounts
- Work closely with our Sales, CS, Marketing, and Product teams to ensure support of client's strategic goals and quality customer experience during client life cycle
You’ll be successful here if you
- Possess sales experience at an agency or technology company working directly with Fortune 500 brands
- Bring at least five (5) years experience in a quota-carrying role (e.g. outside sales or account management)
- Have successfully sold enterprise SaaS solutions into director+ level leads
- Demonstrate consistent success with maintaining and building client relationships within an enterprise account base
- Are polished, articulate, and credible in client communication. You are prepared for face-to-face presentations over Zoom and in-person to executive-level decision makers
- Enjoy creative people-problem-solving and are driven by curiosity
- Are personable and work well in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Are willing to travel up to 50% of the time, once you are comfortable enough to do so healthfully as the Covid-19 pandemic subsides
We also appreciate (but don’t require)
- An entrepreneurial background, but at least will like to see your resourceful attitude and ambition
Knotch is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to provide equal opportunities in all of our processes, including our hiring and employee experience.
We pride ourselves on our three values: transparency, relentlessness, and inclusiveness.
We commit to daily work towards leading with empathy, reducing bias through periodic training, and engaging with and uplifting communities of marginalized groups.
We condemn all forms of racism and discrimination on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy or parenthood status, veteran status, disability status or any other identifier.
We encourage all employees, clients, investors, candidates, vendors, and friends of Knotch to deliver honest feedback directly or anonymously so that we may always seek to improve as an organization that is dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
Share your thoughts with us, and you will be heard.