Account Executive, B2B at Codecademy
We are NYC based but remote friendly!
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
Codecademy for Business is a new group within Codecademy that builds products aimed at helping businesses of all sizes create, curate, and deliver technical training at scale to their learners. Current clients include companies like: Amazon, Lyft, Shopify, and Spotify. We’ve recently launched a new B2B product that helps large companies tackle a major business problem: efficient technical training and onboarding. To ensure the success of this product, we’re hiring our first Account Executive.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- We are looking for exceptional candidates who can manage complex and consultative sales processes for our new enterprise B2B e-learning product.
- As our first enterprise sales executive, we’ll expect you to run a sales process from beginning to end: prospecting, demonstrating product value and pitching various stakeholders, generating pricing proposals, building pitch decks, negotiating terms and leading the contract process.
- You’ll be expected to navigate an enterprise to map stakeholders, build champions, generate buy-in and close deals with C-Level decision makers.
- Internally, you’ll be working cross functionally and departmentally with multiple teams to ensure a seamless client experience throughout the entire client lifecycle.
- Collaborate with leadership and stakeholders to develop or modify sales strategy for continued success.
- You’ll be tasked with actioning customer insights to help shape the go to market strategy of our b2b product including features and pricing.
- 5+ years of experience in a new business, B2B sales role
- A self-starter who will lead and manage, while moving quickly and efficiently towards outcomes.
- Expert listening and discovery skills - and ability to map product value to customer needs
- Previous experience selling cloud or enterprise software products
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, high-growth, and collaborative environment
- Ability to work with a high degree of ambiguity
- Can build relationships with senior IT executives
- Have navigated complex organizational structures and created champions across teams
- High attention to detail, with a process and solution-oriented mindset
- Self-starter and willing to tackle everything from the ground up
- Experience running the complete sales cycle from demo and qualification to close, including navigating complex enterprise procurement and security processes
- Experience selling a highly consultative product into Senior Engineer Leaders as well as HR/People Teams
- Ideally, you also have experience selling to a technical and business audience, building trust and mutual respect with technical customers and peers
- Impeccable customer skills: communication, empathy, integrity
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.#LI-Remote