Account Executive - Inbound
Greater NYC Area
At Teachable, our mission is to empower creators to transform their knowledge into income. To accomplish that, we continue to innovate upon the largest site builder for online courses and monetizing expertise, and develop strategies to make our creators increasingly successful.
Our Customer Success and Sales department owns sales, customer support and customer success and works to grow the number of successful creators on Teachable. We are looking for an Account Executive to join our team to successfully convert prospective customers into successful Teachable creators. The Account Executive will join our Inbound Sales team and manage a dynamic assignment of inbound leads, applying and contributing to our proven sales playbook, consulting with leads on product application, giving product demos, and ultimately converting leads into customers. This is a critical role at Teachable, as our customer acquisition strategy is changing and will require not only strong sales acumen, but some operational aptitude as we continue to refine our best practices with our changing business.
- Own a dynamic assignment of inbound leads, organizing and tracking them in a sales CRM, and guiding them along the sales process from initial outreach through demos, and any contract or subscription agreements
- Successfully and consistently meet sales targets
- Experiment with new tactics and strategies to improve the team’s process and outcomes, and iterate and adapt as we grow
- Help improve our acquisition strategies by providing observation and feedback to product and marketing as we create a unified and collaborative cross departmental team
- Act as a creator advocate and expert, offering deep and first hand understanding of their experience and product needs
- 2+ years in a sales role for a SaaS business, dealing with SMB customers
- Excellent communication skills, strong technical aptitude, and commercially minded
- Exceptional customer focus
- Collaborative, solutions oriented, and comfortable with operating in an ambiguous environment and high growth business
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our hundreds of thousands of instructors have earned more than $500M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Comprehensive health benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premiums
Discretionary vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks, fully paid after 3 months of service
401(k) with match after 3 months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Dependent Care FSA
Your own standing desk or other personalized workspace
Gym + wellness matching stipend
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description