Account Executive, Mid-Market at Dataminr
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Sales at Dataminr:
In a fast-moving world, there's nothing more important than having real-time information at your fingertips to help you identify and mitigate risk, assess a crisis situation, and craft an effective response.
Being part of Sales at Dataminr means you'll have the opportunity to create a unique and meaningful impact for your clients. Here's what you can expect:
- Competitive compensation structure including an uncapped commission plan and incentives to overachieve
- Ample time to ramp up before your full target kicks in
- A comprehensive sales training and methodology program to set you up for success
- Ongoing training and learning opportunities so you're always on top of the latest sales trends and best practices
- Exposure and access to sales leadership for guidance, mentorship, and learning opportunities
- A strong sales culture of individual goals within a tight-knit team environment
Who you are:
You're a highly motivated sales professional with experience owning and managing all aspects of the sales cycle. You're passionate about contributing to the achievement of business results by exceeding quotas and establishing strong customer relationships. You're a master prospector, a thoughtful negotiator, a product subject matter expert, and a closing champion.
You understand how to position the value of breaking news events and critical information for our clients. You have a strong grasp of products and technology in the SaaS space, and you leverage this knowledge to successfully sell into a variety of client audiences.
- Manage the full sales cycle from effectively researching and developing leads, qualifying prospects, pitching the Dataminr product and closing new business in the Major Accounts (Mid Market) sector
- Develop and execute prospecting tactics to identify potential leads and drive new customer acquisition through a high volume of email and phone outreach
- Establish clear value proposition for Dataminr's product through customer conversations, company and product presentations, emails and proposals
- Engage in regular product training and ensure you remain highly informed on our products and their customer use cases; proactively seek to sharpen and maximize your product knowledge and sales skills
- Negotiate pricing, build pipelines and achieve quota within required time frame
- Provide regular and productive feedback loop to cross-functional teams (Product, Engineering) to enable continuous improvement of our products
- Ensure a strong, trusted relationship is established with clients throughout the sales process and during the onboarding experience to enable long-lasting customer relationships
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in sales and/or business development in a fast-paced, competitive market
- At least 2 years of experience in a closing role with a successful track record in the Mid Market sector
- Strong prospecting experience involving a high volume of cold phone and email outreach
- Strong understanding of the open source and social media analysis efforts of corporate clients
- Active listening skills to discover clients' technical, business and timeline drivers
- Winning negotiation skills and proven track record of closing deals
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at once with discipline while documenting them accurately
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM platform
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.