Account Executive (Mid-Market)
Smartling is seeking talented, ambitious and fearless Account Executives to join our growing sales team in our offices in NYC. At Smartling, we offer a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be empowered to sell our business solutions and be set up for success. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, determined well-organized individual who likes challenges and is committed to evolving their career in software sales.
In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of the sales cycle, including prospecting, qualification, discovery, performing demonstrations, proposal creation, and negotiating agreements. In a nutshell, we want our AE’s to manage and grow direct sales of Smartling's industry leading solutions and services into our target accounts.
Tasks at hand
- Evangelize Smartling and our SaaS model in the marketplace.
- Build and manage a quality sales pipeline and manage the opportunity sales cycle.
- Consistently achieve or exceed assigned sales goals each month and quarter to ensure revenue objectives.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Product, and Support teams to optimize every aspect of the product offering and customer engagement process.
- Team with your fellow salespeople to identify and implement best practices.
- Build and sustain great customer relationship.
- Delight customers and become a credible, trusted source of reference.
- Demonstrated track record (with 3-4 yrs of experience) and success, selling technology-based solutions and services (preferably SaaS solutions) at the executive level into mid-size businesses.
- Experience selling to both IT and Business users.
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Willingness to travel (approximately 25%).
Nice to have
- Experience within the localization industry a plus.
- Experience selling SaaS solutions.
- Working knowledge of web technologies and/or Content Management Systems, IP protocols and related Content delivery infrastructures.
- Competitive. Goal oriented, fearless hunter, hungry for challenges.
- Strong analytical thinker. “If there is a problem I have a solution” attitude.
- Entrepreneurial. Self-motivated, independent worker with a self-starting approach.
- A Leader. Proactive and will use excellent judgment when dealing with issues.
- Customer Focused. Passionate for client success at all times.
- Detail Oriented. Supremely well organized with attention to detail.
- Team Player. Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally within all levels of management, both internally and externally.
What matters to Smartling?
To help our clients grow their businesses and to help you grow as an individual both professionally and personally.
- Competitive salary and Employee Stock Purchase plan.
- An opportunity to learn and advance your career.
- An energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit.
- Take a break when you need it – Flexible PTO.
- Company paid medical/dental/life insurance.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Convenient office in the middle of Manhattan- just blocks from Penn Station and Grand Central.
- Team outings (Baseball games, happy hours, etc.)
Smartling, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. No third party recruiters.