At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 3 out of 4 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 4 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than 6 million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world. If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
Who we are looking for
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
The Account Executive (AE) will play a crucial role in fulfilling TpT’s vision to unlock the collective wisdom of teachers. The primary focus of an AE is to drive the sale and adoption of TpT School Access. AEs are responsible for establishing a relationship with school administrators, working the sales pipeline, and ultimately closing sales. As needed, there may be opportunities to support the on-boarding of new customers. AEs will work closely with Sales Development Reps (SDRs) and Account Managers (AMs) to ensure that we provide a high quality experience for school- and district-level customers.
- Educate and pitch new customers on demo and follow-up sales calls.
- Manage the relationship with the administrators through the sales pipeline, and if needed, support with post-sale account management and support.
- Achieve individual and team targets through building, maintaining and exceeding forecast goals and defined objectives.
- Effectively handle sales objections while providing high quality customer service.
- Strategize with Account Management, Marketing, and Product to improve performance, messaging, processes, and procedures.
- Use Salesforce and other sales tools to engage schools and track efforts.
- Report and share learnings to internal stakeholders and cross functional teams (ex: product, marketing, etc.).
- Support school and district customers in addressing any school needs/asks. This could include any support related tasks or attending conferences, managing live chat, responding to Zendesk/support tickets, and facilitating user calls.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
Qualities of a successful candidate
- 2+ years of professional sales experience.
- A go-getter mentality and competitive spirit. You are motivated to crush both individual and team goals.
- Excited to talk to potential customers and build strong relationships. You make a great first impression and can have a conversation with anyone. Connecting with people comes naturally to you.
- Respectful but persistent. You refuse to take no for an answer and take pride in day-to-day wins.
- You’re inquisitive and ask the right questions to determine custom needs and adapt your approach as needed.
- A learner mindset and are open to coaching and development. We want someone that will take creative approaches in identifying new ways to engage and acquire schools.
- Flexible and positive. The team is experimenting, learning, and executing at a rapid pace. We’re looking for someone with a can-do attitude and positive attitude..
- BA/BS degree
- Experience in education (as an educator or at a company serving educators).
- Proficiency in Salesforce CRM.
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if you’re a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.