Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. That’s why so many companies choose OwnBackup, the #1 cloud data protection platform on the Salesforce AppExchange and global leader in SaaS data protection. With nearly 4,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised nearly $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
As OwnBackup continues to scale into the next phase of growth, we are looking for eager SMB Account Executives to not only hunt for net new business, but to also grow their careers as sales professionals for years to come. In this quota carrying role, you will hunt for brand new prospects and ultimately convert them into paying customers. A small percent will be “inbound generated”, but mostly focused on “outbound prospecting”and “whitespacing” your territory. You will be responsible for developing a ‘hunter’ mentality - mapping out key accounts in your territory and developing a strategy to approach, and ultimately close the business. You will also need to strategize around existing clients for upsell and cross-sell opportunities. The Emerging sub-segment requires a strategic thinker. You will be required to break into target accounts with a combination of cold calling, personalized emails and strategic planning with your manager.
As you achieve and surpass your goals, you’ll unlock a wealth of opportunity at OwnBackup, including career development/advancement and perks. A number of our SMB Account Executives have moved up to various roles within the organization. The Account Executive, SMB Emerging role will allow you to hone essential sales techniques/processes that will serve you for your entire career!Your Day-to-Day Role
- Own the full sales cycle from prospecting to close for organizations using Salesforce in the Emerging (small/medium business) space (employees 0-250)
- Own your territory and book of business. Whitespace your patch and identify top accounts to target for the most potential revenue.
- Understand target organizations’ buying processes and personas. Map out the decision-making process of each prospect in order to optimize conversions at each stage
- Work with existing clients (either booked by you or inherited in your territory) to identify cross sell and upsell opportunities
- Create detailed business plans to facilitate the attainment of goals and quota
- Conduct product demonstrations to set OwnBackup apart from other solutions
- Work cross-functionally with Sales Engineers, Customer Success, Marketing, Product and Engineering to provide critical customer feedback loops that influence product roadmap to improve overall customer experience
- Experience in quota carrying role strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of the Saas sales cycle
- 1 to 2 years of experience as a BDR/SDR
- Experience with consultative, value-based selling and a proven track record of exceeding quota
- Hunter mindset; experience identifying key accounts/prospects using prospecting tools like ZoomInfo, SalesNav, etc
- Experience working with cadence management tools like SalesLoft.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, hyper-growth environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and negotiation skills
- Familiarity with the Salesforce ecosystem
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, and a 401(k) savings plan. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
New employees also have the opportunity to attend our award-winning new hire bootcamp, which customizes the onboarding experience by role, provides new employees with invaluable hands-on training within their first few weeks at the company, and gives employees the chance to meet their new colleagues in-person.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our website and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and has experienced 100% year-over-year growth, establishing early market dominance in a Salesforce ecosystem that includes over 150,000 customers. And while we’ve experienced tremendous growth providing backup and recovery solutions for Salesforce customers, we are now offering our world-class data protection solution across other clouds, like Microsoft Dynamics 365. At OwnBackup, our vision is to empower customers to own and protect their data on any cloud platform.