Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. At Meetup, you’ll help create the future of real community—a future where people show up, do things, and actually talk. Join us - we need your help.
We’re looking for an Account Executive to support the growth and success of organizations using Meetup Pro, an exciting new business that helps companies grow local communities around the world. Meetup Pro allows millions of people to experience the power and joy that come from real, local, face-to-face community.
Thousands of businesses currently organize Meetups, and many more ask how they can use the Meetup platform to connect with their fans and followers in real life. Meetup Pro helps those organizations to transform their audience into a community. We have over 300 customers (including Google Developer Groups, Salesforce, and Wordpress), and are adding more every day. We need a strong Account Executive to introduce Meetup Pro to a wider audience. The trial period is crucial in the Meetup Pro sales cycle. We need a self-starter who is willing to both lead and roll up their sleeves to optimize sales for this high-stakes period.
As an Account Executive, you will:
- Manage trial success and own trial relationships, representing Meetup through the entire sales cycle - from pre-sales, to implementation and optimization.
- Onboard new prospects through high touch consultative sales methodologies.
- Consult with clients to understand their community goals, and help them operationalize their strategy on Meetup.
- Close new sales opportunities through high touch sales efforts.
- Experiment to build and drive client success plans to scale.
- Build solid relationships with prospects to understand customer needs and requirements to provide input to our product roadmap.
- Partner with interested organizations, turning them into clients by ensuring their community success on Meetup Pro.
- Use Salesforce best practices to keep our data clean, and maintain our sales pipeline.
Who we’re looking for:
A people-person: you have 3+ years of previous consultative sales experience, and are comfortable working with everyone from C-Suite executives to interns.
An educator: you are able to coach clients on strategic community management, and best practices on Meetup.
An entrepreneur: a self-starter who has a high sense of urgency and can work within undefined processes.
An articulate communicator with a strong attention to detail: from in-person, to phone calls, to emails - you get the right point across in all situations.
An experimenter: you’re comfortable trying out a number of different tools & processes in the short term that will get ironed out as the team scales.
Someone who is detail-oriented: you’re highly organized and can handle multiple prospects with ease.
We’re a mission driven company and we want our business development team to reflect that. We’re here to deliver value, not just close the deal. We’re looking to build sustainable relationships and long-term growth.
In your cover letter, tell us on why you are the perfect fit for a startup within a startup, and Meetup, in particular!
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?