Account Executive at Meetup
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
We’re looking for an Enterprise Account Executive to support the growth and success of an exciting new business within Meetup. The Enterprise team connects the thriving communities on Meetup with companies (e.g. brands, service providers, recruiters, etc) who wish to engage with them through a brand new sponsorship offering. Enterprise interviews both organizers and potential sponsors to understand their wants, needs, and interests so we can pair them together in a way that brings new forms of value to all. The particular area of focus for this role will be selling sponsorships to recruiters to help with their talent acquisition efforts.
Reporting to the Head of Sales and Account Management, the Enterprise Account Executive is responsible for bringing the first sponsors onto Meetup’s new sponsorship program in a manner that drives delight for organizers, sponsors and Meetup as evidenced by repeat sponsorship.
What you’ll get to do:
- Partner with the Enterprise team to figure out the best ways to identify, qualify, pitch, close and onboard recruiters as sponsors on Meetup’s new sponsorship program
- Determine the characteristics of the ideal sponsors, the most compelling value proposition and messaging to attract them, and most effective ways to match them with prospective organizers
- Interview organizers and sponsors to help develop the packages, pricing and business model for this sponsorship marketplace
- Manage expectations, deliverables, processes, and tracking to facilitate sponsored events which delight all parties and get them to indicate interest in doing it again
- Partner with the Enterprise team to figure out how to scale our recruiter sponsorship model
- Partner with Business Strategy to identify and measure KPIs and maintain a financial model which identifies key growth levers and forecasts performance based on critical assumptions and performance metrics
- Partner with Product to identify and build light internal development solutions to generate leads, convert & onboard sponsors, and drive repeat sponsorship
- Help the team expand from recruiting to additional verticals
What makes you perfect for the role:
- A people person: 3+ years of previous sales/business development experience developing partnerships with clients, ideally within technology or talent acquisition sectors
- An innovator: Experience developing and scaling a new business, either at a start-up or within a larger company
- An educator: you are able to coach organizers and sponsors on Meetup’s new sponsorship program
- An entrepreneur: a self-starter who has a high sense of urgency and can work within undefined processes
- An articulate communicator with strong attention to detail: from in-person to phone calls, to emails - you get the right point across in all situations
- An experimenter: you’re comfortable trying out a number of different tools & processes in the short term that will get ironed out as the team scales
- Someone who is detail-oriented: you’re highly organized and can handle lots of sponsors with ease
- Previous experience or understanding of technical recruiting preferred
- Background in project management, formal or informal not required but preferred
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?