Account Executive at Resy
WHO WE ARE:
Resy is a reservations platform, built and powered by restaurant lovers.
Launched in New York City in 2014, the company is co-founded by Ben Leventhal, co-founder of Eater.com; Michael Montero, co-founder and former CTO of CrowdTwist and current Techstars mentor; and Gary Vaynerchuk, noted social media expert, entrepreneur and investor. Other company leaders have deep experience in restaurants and hospitality, too.
Our mission is to power the world’s best restaurants, using technology to imagine the future of hospitality. With Resy, you’re an insider — and the amazing world of restaurants is just two taps away.
Rated as one of Built In NYC’s “100 Best Places to Work,” Resy is actively hiring in multiple cities. Come join our growing team!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a tenacious Account Executive to join our fast-growing outbound sales team focused on providing hospitality technology solutions to restaurants of all shapes and sizes! The ideal candidate is passionate about restaurants and hospitality, self-motivated, solutions-driven, and a dynamic thinker. As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for the entire sales cycle from prospecting to closing. Account Executives work in territory-specific pods alongside Sales Development and Outside Sales Representatives to grow Resy’s presence within those territories. Our sales team operates on quarterly revenue goals with weekly and monthly milestones.
Note: While this is a full-time position, your first three months will be considered a trial period. Your first week at Resy will consist of week-long, intensive trainings. During the first month, you will receive clear goals for your first 30, 60, and 90 days. You will have weekly check-ins with the Director of Inside Sales, to keep track of your progress and success. At 90 days, you will be reviewed.
Applicants must be based in the New York City area. In your role as an Account Executive, you will be assigned a region outside of the greater New York area. This is an in-office position with no travel, as the selling will be done via phone and e-mail.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Identify and prospect restaurants to drive new client acquisition via email and cold call
- Sell Resy's technology directly to restaurants across the country through online web demos
- Strategically manage your pipeline to ensure consistent deal flow
- Work closely with the Implementation and Account Management team to support restaurant onboarding
- Achieve and exceed quarterly sales quotas and weekly top of funnel metrics
WHO YOU ARE:
- 3-5 years of sales experience including at least 1-2 years of closing experience and 1-2 years of Sales Development experience (prospecting and self-generated meetings/demos through both cold calls and emails)
- You are excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment and thrive under pressure
- Software/SaaS experience strongly preferred
- You take pride in consistently achieving your goals and believe failure isn’t an option
- You are coachable, self-motivated and a fast learner
- You have strong communication skills, both written and over the phone
- You have excellent time management skills with the ability to recognize and focus on high priority tasks
- You're a great listener, assertive, persistent and persuasive
- You are obsessed with restaurants
- Salesforce.com fluency
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, LTD, Commuter Benefit, Life Insurance)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Professional Growth Opportunity Budget
- Equinox gym discount and Wellness budget
- Quarterly credit toward dining at your favorite Resy restaurant
- Beautiful dog-friendly Soho office with fully stocked kitchen and café
- Company-sponsored social events, including Friday family meal
- No shortage of good restaurant recommendations
Resy is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees and creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.