Account Executive at Gympass
They say "sitting is the new smoking". We're here to get more people moving...
Gympass is a discovery platform that empowers companies to engage their workforce in physical activity by providing access to the largest global network of workout facilities. With a single monthly membership, companies can help employees find an activity they'll love among more than 600 activities across the U.S., Europe, and Latin America. Our goal is to multiply the number of people exercising at every company to create a healthier and more engaged workforce.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York, we have a growing team in 30 offices around the world. Our mission is simple yet ambitious: defeat inactivity, and we know the only way to get there is together, partnering with companies, gyms and having the best talent.
This role is part of a new business unit within Gympass that will provide our partners with a marketplace to purchase equipment, accessories and software with prices and terms that rival the largest chains in the world and a selection and ease of use that rivals the largest online retailers. As a key early employee in a “startup within a startup”, the Account Executive will provide valuable insight to drive growth. Working directly with the Head of Sales, you will build a consultative sales process from scratch to help our partners use our marketplace to improve their businesses. In addition, you will develop a deep understanding of our partners’ buying journeys and pain points; working closely with Supply, Design and Marketing to develop a better marketplace.
What You'll Do...
- Proactively engage with our current partners, learn about their business needs, identify and negotiate relevant product offerings within the Gympass Plus marketplace.
- Hunt new business opportunities to capture large purchases and cross-sell the Gympass partnership.
- Develop and adapt sales processes to optimize sales performance across rapidly expanding product lines.
- Test everything. We have a data driven approach to sales.
- Commit to executing at a high level with limited resources and support.
- Collaborate openly with a lean team to build a world class marketplace.
You Should Have...
- Thrive in a fast faced, startup environment.
- Have a desire to change the world - Align Gympass’ mission with your own.
- Roll up your sleeves and get your job done with limited resources and large obstacles.
- Have proven success in a high stakes situation.
- Believe in work/life integration.
- Learn independently. Start from first principles to innovate custom solutions to unique problems.
- Prioritize speed to perfection. Get a lot done in a small amount of time compared to your peers.
- Debate with your boss. Rely on data to form opinions and stand up for what you believe the data is telling you.
- Understand how to construct a sales funnel to assess bottlenecks, improve processes and fix them.
- Believe in Radical Candor, building work into a game with clear goals & rules and subscribe to the belief that startups are defaulted to die, and only our actions will change the outcome.
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and welfare of our employees. Our benefits include:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Gympass membership, workout anywhere anytime for the cost of one lunch
- Competitive PTO, sick time, company-observed holidays and a floating holiday
- Paid parental leave
- Education reimbursement program
- Outstanding opportunities for personal growth and career development
- An exciting and supportive atmosphere with intelligent (hey, at least we think so) and ambitious people from around the world!
Gympass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Gympass does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.