At Teachable, our mission is to empower creators to transform their knowledge into income. To accomplish that, we continue to innovate upon the largest site builder for online courses and monetizing expertise, and develop strategies to make our creators increasingly successful.
Our Customer Success and Sales department owns sales, customer support and customer success and works to grow the number of successful creators on Teachable. We are looking for an Account Executive to join our team to successfully convert qualified prospects into successful Teachable creators. The Account Executive will join our Sales team and as a full cycle sales representative who also works closely with an SDR managing an outbound sales pipeline, consulting with pre-qualified leads on product application, giving product demos, and ultimately converting prospects into customers. This is a critical role at Teachable, as our customer acquisition strategy is changing and will require not only strong sales acumen, but some operational aptitude as we continue to refine our best practices with our changing business.
- Own a sales pipeline, organizing and tracking them in a sales CRM, and guiding them along the sales process from initial outreach through demos, and any contract or subscription agreements
- Have a “hunter’s mentality”-utilizing a multi-channel strategy to prospect and a “closing attitude” using different forms of outreach via email, social media, and outbound calling
- Work closely with SDR to make sure hand off is a smooth transition
- Respond to potential clients in a timely manner via phone and/or email
- Manage time efficiently to stay on top of active leads
- Responsible for product knowledge to answer customer questions
- Successfully and consistently meet sales targets
- Act as a creator advocate and expert, offering deep and first hand understanding of their experience and product needs
- 2+ years in a sales role for a SaaS business, dealing with SMB customers
- Excellent communication skills, strong technical aptitude, and commercially minded
- Exceptional customer focus
- Collaborative, solutions oriented, organized and comfortable with operating in an ambiguous environment and high growth business
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than $850 million to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least January 2021
Comprehensive health benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premiums
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
Dependent Care FSA
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.