Account Manager / Senior Account Manager
We're looking for an Account Manager to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Customer Success Team to build irreplaceable relationships with customers.You'll be responsible for the success of customers in our enterprise market segment, which comprises Flatiron’s largest and most complex provider customers. Account Managers manage a range of strategic projects and milestones, report on account performance and use market perspective to inform product recommendations. In addition, you'll also:
- Develop irreplaceable relationships with customers; retain and exceed customer expectations
- Engage stakeholders at Flatiron’s largest and most complex provider customers
- Understand how customers interact with Flatiron products and identify their needs, challenges and ideas
- Become a product and domain expert, and use that knowledge to make customers successful in their business
- Advocate for customer needs and ideas internally, and work cross-functionally with other teams to achieve outcomes and results for customers
- Design, implement and document innovative strategies to drive customer engagement
- Deliver value-driven solutions; ensure that customers begin every interaction with Flatiron with a clear understanding of its purpose and conclude every interaction with tangible results or next steps
- Review customer utilization data and identify opportunities to drive product engagement
This is a highly cross-functional role, focused on working with customers as well as other internal teams, including Customer Support, Product Marketing, Communications, Product, Sales and Implementation. Ultimately, the Account Managers are responsible for advocating for customers and working to ensure customer retention and satisfaction.
Who You Are
You're a data driven problem solver who excels in data-driven problem solving, written and verbal communication, relationship-building and project management. The role requires a sharp analytical mind, client management and organizational skills, resourcefulness, and a passion for addressing the most complex medical and technological challenge of our time. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
At the Account Manager level
- You have 3-6 years experience in consulting, account management or project management, preferably in healthcare, including:
- Collaborating and communicating with a wide range of clients, ideally in the B2B space
- Project managing complex initiatives with customers and colleagues
At the Senior Account Manager level
- You have 6+ years experience in consulting, account management or project management, preferably in healthcare, including:
- Executive stakeholder management and communications
- Independently negotiating agreements with large customers
- Driving complex cross-functional initiatives
It is also required that
- You have a Bachelor's degree
- You have the ability to solve problems in a resourceful and data-driven manner while working in a fast-paced, demanding start-up environment
- You are able to work with and influence a diverse set of stakeholders
- You have the ability to effectively identify what’s important and effectively prioritize competing projects
- You have excellent time management, written and verbal communication skills
- You are passionate about our mission to improve healthcare through technology
- You are willing to travel 25% of the time
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.