Account Strategist at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and passionate about driving innovation in the media space. We’re looking for a candidate who is ready to fully immerse themselves in the client’s business and who is willing to act as an internal advocate for delivering and exceeding client goals.
- Operate as the main point of contact for key strategic commerce accounts, by supporting existing partnership commitments, and developing new solutions that drive business growth for both BuzzFeed and key partners
- Support team on ideation of creative solutions for RFPs on strategic accounts and help develop the proposal narrative and deck design during the presentation creation process
- Partner cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders to execute on new strategic initiatives and motivate internal team to innovate based on evolving partner demands
- Constantly stay up to date on media trends and opportunities that could optimize and expand the partnership
- Drive key decisions with inputs from multiple account stakeholders
- Identify and cultivate new business opportunities
- Establish partnership success metrics and constantly evaluate and evolve partnership to deliver on those metrics
- Responsible for growing YoY investment of key accounts
- 3+ years experience in project management, account management or business development role
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Experience in contract development
- Excellent presentation, writing and verbal communication skills
- A collaborative spirit
- Obsession with all things retail, commerce, and media
- Strong critical-thinking skills
- Resourceful self-starter who can adapt quickly and manage tasks from multiple stakeholders
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a bias toward action
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.