Affiliate Coordinator at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed is looking for an agile and detailed Account Coordinator to join a growing affiliate team. An ideal candidate will be hyper-organized with an ability to manage a variety of pre- and post-sale tasks at various points in the production funnel. As an Account Coordinator, you will also support affiliate Account Manager(s) and team leads in the documentation, execution and optimization of partnerships. In this role, you will own all aspects of our partners’ program documents, placement tracking and post-campaign partner communications.
This position will be based in our New York office.
- Act as a gatekeeper for all affiliate partner program documents and reports
- Work alongside the affiliate Account Management, Merchandising and business team leads to identify program performance trends, surface optimization recommendations, and curate proposals for new and existing partners
- Serve as the primary point of contact for collection (external) and distribution (internal) of client provided campaign information; also communicating delivery updates, pacing and reporting needs to our partners as needed
- Manage program details and communications for upcoming campaigns and partnerships to internal stakeholders (editorial, tech, and/or production teams), and overseeing the successful execution and documentation of each
- Collaborate with internal editorial, organic distribution (social, newsletter) and paid distribution (social, off-platform) teams to ensure placements receive adequate visibility; establishing a measurable means of tracking the distribution methods and the incremental results for each
- Create and manage insertion orders within third-party and internal sales operations systems
- 1-2+ years of experience in a fast-paced, operational and/or client-facing role.
- An eye for design and with an ability to create marketing materials and campaign assets in Photoshop and/or Keynote
- Experience within a cross-functional organization that touches affiliate, retail management, e-commerce management, consumer acquisition, merchandising and/or editorial strategy.
- Have a baseline knowledge of media, publishing or e-commerce industries with application to publisher e-commerce business objectives; an ability to layer that knowledge to produce meaningful insights, counsel and planning for managing affiliate partners’ programs
- A track record of managing processes between internal and external teams, with the purpose of achieving either client or internal business goals
- An ability to multitask when working across complex, production extensive programs
- A history of detailed, concise and pointed communications; with an ability to anticipate the needs/expectations of the addressed audience (internal vs. external stakeholders)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Keynote, and Photoshop tools; with knowledge of internal CSM systems (Operative, Google Analytics, Trackonomics) a plus
- A passion for shopping and identifying unique trends in e-commerce
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.