Alliances Sales Development Representative at OwnBackup
Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. OwnBackup is the #1 data backup, archiving, and sandbox seeding app on the Salesforce AppExchange. With over 3,000 customers, we are ranked #25 on Financial Times’ list of America’s fastest growing companies, and have raised $267.5 million in funding from Salesforce Ventures and others.
The Alliances Sales Development Representative will play a multi-faceted role that will be integral to the success of OwnBackup’s go-to-market strategy. Developing good relationships with our ecosystem partners is key to our sales success. The Alliances SDR will be responsible for identifying key people in our partner ecosystem (Salesforce, Global System Integrators (GSIs), Regional Systems Integrators (SIs), ISVs, etc.) and reach out to them proactively to begin our augment an OwnBackup relationship. The Alliances SDR role is perfect for someone with 1 year of SDR experience, or still early in their sales career who is hungry, ambitious, intelligent, and high energy.
Alliance SDRs will receive sales training, technical product training, and will have the opportunity to work closely with the Alliance Managers and Account Executives.Your Day-to-Day Role
- 75+ activities per day to key contacts at strategic ecosystem partners (Salesforce, Deloitte, Accenture, PWC, etc.)
- Work closely and collaboratively with OwnBackup Alliance Managers to target key contacts at strategic partners
- Qualify leads by understanding their sphere of influence, what companies they’re working with, their awareness of OwnBackup and educate our capabilities.
- Achieve or exceed monthly individual and team goals
- Understand specific product applications, recognise prospect pain points, and how OwnBackup can solve them
- Perform thorough and accurate partner research and stakeholder mapping to uncover key thought leaders and influencers
- Diligently log all activity in Salesforce/Salesloft
- The ability to conceptually understand the OwnBackup solution and explain it at a high level to senior-level executives
- This role is strategic in nature - it's not about jumping online and contacting everyone you come across. Rather, it's about considered, focused interactions that are unearthed through a high volume of personalized outbound activity (emails, cold calls, social touches)
- You have energy, thirst to learn, ambition and passion, and want to be part of a growing and successful Business Development team
- You have demonstrated the ability to work independently, and hold yourself accountable for results
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Experience using Salesforce
- 1-2 years of phone sales/call center experience
- A passion for technology
- Experience in the Salesforce or System Integrator ecosystem preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize interaction with OB Alliance managers and account executives.
Here at OwnBackup, culture is as important as results, and a key part of our culture is our differences. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status. OwnBackup will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our market opportunity and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and Salesforce Ventures. The company has experienced 100% y/y growth, establishing early market dominance in a big addressable market. To put it in perspective OwnBackup has 2k customers and nearly all of Salesforce 150k customers are a potential fit to use our products. Given the company’s vision to be the leading Cloud Data Protection Platform, there are also plans to expand into other SaaS ecosystems in the company year.