Associate Account Manager, Customer Management at OnDeck
Innovation, collaboration, and success: at OnDeck, We Make It Happen. We’ve changed the way small businesses access financing. With the spirit of a fintech start-up and the stability of a larger organization, OnDeck helps customers achieve their ambitions while leading in the small business lending space. We operate with a one team mindset, supporting each other and celebrating our wins together. If you’re looking for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, inclusive environment where you can make an impact on our customers and business, OnDeck could be the place for you.
The vision of our Sales, Marketing, and Partnerships team is to drive long-term revenue with small businesses by creating meaningful and value-added engagement at every touchpoint, developing the foundation for an ongoing business relationship.
The Customer Management team is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with small business owners across North America. Our team takes great pride in educating our merchants on the best lending options for their business, not ours. You will have the opportunity to create an amazing sales career without ever having to make “cold calls,” with leads provided daily. You will become an expert in SMB Lending.
The Associate Account Manager opportunity on our Customer Management team is a great place to start your career at OnDeck. The intention of this position is to provide a training ground for junior agents to advance and take on their own account base. While assisting the senior team members (for 6-12 months depending on performance) in every aspect of the partnership between OnDeck and our customers, Associate Account Managers will learn our products, markets, industry and the OnDeck sales process and skills. These individuals will be a direct point of contact for our customers and senior sales team to assist in product and application inquiries, expediting the sales process and following through with the customer requests.
As an Associate Account Manager at OnDeck, you will:
- Reach out to inactive customers to re-establish relationships and attempt to bring them back through On Deck for any future financing needs.
- Generate interest in On Deck products through phone call and email communication.
- Collaborate with internal partners to assist in selling loans and line of credit programs to customers.
- Assist Senior Account Managers with partner coverage and pipeline management when senior account managers are out of the office or otherwise unavailable.
- Quote prices, prepare proposals and provide information regarding terms of sales and delivery dates. The Associate Account Manager will help sell renewal loans and line of credit programs to existing customers.
- Achieve or exceed monthly, quarterly & yearly quotas
- Throughout the qualification process, you will learn to identify the specific needs of clients and how OnDeck’s products meet those needs.
- Act resourcefully and in an innovative way to solve problems and complete tasks.
- Handle customer requests
- Manage notes and pipeline through Salesforce
Qualifications to make it happen:
- Professional, creative and dynamic presence and the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- 1-2 years of prior sales or customer service experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- CRM experience.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize multiple task.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Keen intelligence and negotiation skills.
- High-energy, relationship expert.
- Ability to hunt down new opportunities from inactive/past customers.
- A desire to grow professionally
OnDeck is the largest online small business lender in the U.S. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $12 billion in loans for many business needs including inventory purchase, equipment acquisition, hiring, and general corporate purposes. Serving more than 700 industries throughout the country, OnDeck has been trusted by over 100,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build a growing and thriving enterprise.
Click here for a glimpse inside our offices
At OnDeck, it’s We Before Me. We support each other and we love seeing people succeed. That’s why we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Flexible Paid Time Off; Paid Sick Days; Paid Holidays; Paid Birthday
- Comprehensive Healthcare (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance)
- Wellness Subsidy and Mental Health Coaches
- Voluntary Auto/Home/Pet Insurance
- Educational Reimbursement; Flexible Working Arrangements
- 401k Matching, Loan Consolidation, Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Parental Leave and Sabbaticals
- Affinity Groups and Volunteer Events
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYC’s 100 Best Places to Work, 2019
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Denver Business Journal Largest Technology Employers in Denver, 2019
- Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2019
- FinTech Breakthrough Award – Best Overall LendTech Company, 2018
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Great Place to Work Certification, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Inc. Hire Power, 2013
- Lending Tree’s Top Rated Customer Satisfaction, Q1 2018
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- US News & World Report, “Best Unsecured Business Loans of 2018” – Best for Term Loans
- Washington Post Top Places to Work, 2019
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- TalentDesk’s Best Large Companies for Computer Science Jobs in Arlington, Virginia: #1, 2019
- TalentDesk’s Best Companies for Customer Service Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
- TalentDesk’s Best Companies for Quality Assurance Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**