We're looking for an Associate Principal to join our Life Sciences Partnerships team to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with Life Sciences Partnerships to support our biopharma partners in advancing their research priorities using Flatiron Research offerings. Flatiron Research is focused on innovating in the Real-World Evidence (RWE) and Clinical Trials space. Our technology-first approach has allowed us to build RWE data sets with higher quality, accuracy, recency, and scale than any other cancer data that is available. We have active partnerships with top-tier academic medical centers, the top 15 oncology biopharma companies, the FDA, and most recently the NCI, all focused on using data to accelerate the research and treatment of cancer. In this role, you will:
- Lead strategic engagement to develop long term, enterprise-wide partnerships with our biopharma partners, as well as other strategic collaborators (e.g., government / regulatory, advocacy groups)
- Become a subject matter expert on Flatiron’s offerings and reliably represent our capabilities to advance the research priorities of our biopharma research collaborators
- Ensure effective day-to-day engagement with our biopharma research collaborators (e.g., real-world data science, epidemiology, medical affairs), including on-site representation at client meetings (anticipated travel: <20%)
- Serve as the primary point of contact for biopharma research collaborators, interfacing to align Flatiron's offerings with client needs and selling new products and services to meet those needs
- Lead development of new business proposals -- directly contributing to Flatiron revenues across the Research business
- Collaborate with Flatiron’s cross-functional research team to ensure Flatiron delivers high quality work to our biopharma partners that exceeds client expectations
- Be the voice of the customer and collaborate across internal functional groups (product, research oncology, quantitative science, engineering, business development, legal and finance team members) to identify opportunities to enhance existing products, identify new potential product offerings and influence go-to-market strategy
- Identify client-driven opportunities to enhance existing products, and identify potential new product offerings
- Closely partner with the broader Life Sciences Partnerships team to execute against Flatiron’s sales strategy to drive explosive growth for the Flatiron Research business
- Contribute to strategic initiatives, such as identifying and pursuing new growth opportunities for Flatiron and championing new processes to optimize Flatiron Research
Who You Are
You’re an individual with a deep understanding of the healthcare industry, an analytical approach to problem solving, and client management and organizational skills. You are highly motivated by being part of a cross-functional team focused on transformational change in the area of cancer research. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have a B.A. or B.S. (preferred discipline in biological sciences, engineering, biostatistics, health economics, or similar)
- You have 6+ years of experience in client-facing roles of increasing responsibility, delivering products, services, or analyses to biopharma companies, in organizations such as: life sciences-oriented consulting firms, healthcare focused analytics and/or outcomes research firms, healthcare technology companies
- You have a track record of success in developing long term business relationships with biopharma companies in a strategic and abstract space and experience owning high-profile client relationships
- You are interested in engaging directly with biopharma partners to help advance their research and business related strategies
- You can apply your healthcare background (preferably including a focus on oncology) to support end-to-end client engagement process, including capabilities presentations, project scoping, and customer support
- You are flexible, have a start-up mindset, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- You have the ability to juggle multiple client interactions and deadlines simultaneously
- You have the agility to work across and develop relationships with diverse, cross-functional teams
- You have exceptional written and communication skills
- You have the following traits: proactive, self-motivated and self-directed, detail-oriented, comfortable with ambiguity, data driven
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have direct experience collaborating with teams focused on real-world data science, epidemiology, health economics and outcomes research, or medical affairs
- You have experience with development plans and commercial strategies that leverage real-world clinical data
- You have an MBA, MS, PhD, MPH a strong plus
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.