The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions — wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines and voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, and Jaguar Land Rover—as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department—trust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites and across the entire search ecosystem.
As part of the Technical Partner Management Team, your problem solving skills will be put to the test in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where no two days are alike. You will be responsible for demonstrating your technical acumen and critical communication skills to investigate and resolve escalated issues on your assigned publishers. Along the way, you will query and analyze large sets of data, write scripts to automate manual tasks and generate error alerts, and manage relationships with publisher contacts.
What You'll Do
- Investigate and resolve escalated issues with publisher integrations
- Communicate technical details and business impacts of known publisher problems to both engineering teams and non-technical client teams
- Identify new publisher issues proactively by writing SQL queries and Python scripts to build automated alerts or ad-hoc reports from databases
- Lead new publishers integrations by tracking issues and managing timelines with publisher contacts
- Manage operational relationships with publishers by communicating open issues and spearheading support for new features
- Liaise with Business Development, Client Services, Product, Engineering, and Operations teams to provide expertise in publisher-specific features and functionalities
What You Have
- BA/BS in Engineering, a related technical field, or a similar college level education graduating between June 2019 and December 2020
- Outstanding problem-solving and strategic-thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn fast on the job
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong experience in analyzing data through spreadsheets (Excel) and/or databases (SQL)
- Basic experience writing scripts to iterate tasks or manipulate data
- Familiarity with APIs a plus!
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.