B2B: Business Development Representative (BDR) at Talkspace
Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Help over one million people feel better.
We are looking for an experienced Inside Salesperson to join our B2B Sales team in our NYC Headquarters or remote. This role would be responsible for generating new business opportunities and driving revenue creation. We are looking for someone who has a love for and a grasp of the healthcare space, and wants to bring their talents into a “for purpose” space. To work at Talkspace, you need to be as passionate as we are about our work, and excited to partner with us to achieve our mission of bringing quality mental healthcare to all.
About This Role
- Generate qualified prospects - inbound and outbound - SDR/BDR
- Use prospecting strategies to lead initial outreach to prospects - email, calling, social selling
- Identify the needs and challenges of the prospective customer
- Determine the prospect's interest in Talkspace
- Schedule discovery meetings for sales representatives and prospects
- Exceed sales targets
- 2-5 years in a quota carrying SDR or BDR or ISR sales role prospecting into enterprise and mid-market companies
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree required
- Knowledge of healthcare - self-insured marketplace, including experience working with a behavioral health org, EAP, health plan, national medical carrier, or vendor providing ancillary benefits to self-insured employers
- Selling behavioral health plans to HR representatives and C-suite executives
- Excellent phone, writing, and listening skills
- Self-starter who has a desire to learn, grow, and excel in their role
- Knowledge of business processes and organizational structures
- Ability to win the support of key stakeholders
- Strong existing relationships with top marketing decision makers for brands and their consultants
- Proven track record of reaching and exceeding sales goals
- Ability to perform well in a highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Creative, outside-the-box thinker and strategist
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A team player and collaborator
- Passion for Talkspace, sales, and up for the challenge of building something from the bottom up
- Must have experience using Salesforce, business communication
- Energized by juggling multiple projects on tight deadlines without compromising quality with an entrepreneurial mind and at ease with ambiguity
- Experience (or strong interest) in working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Work collaboratively with multiple groups in a variety of settings and be able to listen, articulate positions, and advocate
Because we are on a mission to make the world a better place. Our focus to help people feel happy starts at Talkspace, where we connect, collaborate, and have fun. Monthly team outings, happy hours, in-house family-style lunches, office snacks, flex PTO, access to Talkspace products, ping pong table, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every qualification. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.