About the role…
Are you someone who enjoys working to maximize partnership opportunities from an existing book of business? Are you constantly looking for ways to create more value for your company and its partners? We’re looking for a creative, analytical, and organized Business Development Account Manager to join the team!
The Business Development team is responsible for establishing and growing revenue-generating partnerships at Policygenius. We are creative and data-driven in figuring out ways to grow the business; currently employing referral relationships, affiliates, newsletters, content marketing, and more integrated digital solutions for our partners. We look for win-win opportunities that benefit both us and our partners. This role reports into the Associate Director of Business & Corporate Development.
In this role, you will…
- Manage the day-to-day relationships and overall communication with top-performing partners for our Life insurance vertical
- Strategize with existing partners to develop out of the box ideas to activate marketing initiatives and maximize sales
- Work cross-functionally across Operations, Product, Design, Marketing, and Engineering to get larger-scale initiatives properly implemented
- Engage with partners via phone and email, consistently communicating with a sense of urgency
- Assemble clear and concise presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Establish, track, and report on KPIs, while routinely meeting or exceeding goals
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 2+ years of business development or account management experience; bachelor's degree preferred.
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- You have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build positive relationships with others to gain buy-in and achieve business results
- You have an aptitude for numbers, passion for accuracy, and exceptional attention to detail
- A proven track record of meeting deadlines and collaborating with stakeholders across multiple teams
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" three years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!