Business Development Associate - Product Partnerships at Foursquare
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare's platform includes Places, Pilgrim SDK, Attribution, Audiences and Visits. As the industry's first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up to date.
About the role:
Foursquare’s Business Development & Product Partnerships team works every day to build and manage strategic external partnerships that help enhance our core data assets -- including our Foot-Traffic Panel and Places Database -- as well as to enhance our advertising and analytics products. The work of this team impacts consumer experiences for the ~1b people monthly who interact with our data via developer partners, as well as the experience for our media clients who use and rely on Foursquare’s data and marketing services.
As Foursquare’s BD-Product Partnerships Associate, you will be responsible for supporting the team in a wide range of activities including managing partners, sourcing and evaluating prospects, and assisting the deal process.
We are looking for a dependable and versatile candidate who is energized by thinking through how data of all types aligns with our business and product goals, and eager to learn the art of strategic business development in a quickly-changing late-stage startup environment. Naturally, we’re looking for a candidate who can support the team’s pipeline of activity across many data and partner types and can quickly understand and communicate the value proposition of specific deals and partners to product, legal and business people alike. Knowledge of location technology and data is preferred but not a deal-breaker.Responsibilities of the role:
- Maintain direct and active relationships with partners, communicating regularly via email, phone calls and live meetings from onboarding, regular syncs and renewal
- Proactively identify partnership opportunities where Foursquare can leverage value to generate data and revenue growth
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal stakeholders (Strategic Sales, Client Solutions Engineering, Marketing, Communications, Legal, Business Development, etc.) to resolve and pre-empt issues
- Manage programs to collect partner feedback, distilling and sharing learnings with Product Management, Product Marketing and Engineering teams to advance products and use cases
- Develop strong relationships across the Foursquare organization, including executive, business, legal, product, marketing and engineering teams
- 2-4 years experience working in technology, media, software, consulting or related companies
- Familiarity and understanding of the mar-tech and ad-tech landscapes
- Strong communication skills in all forms: written, presentations, negotiations
- Ability to work through ambiguity and uncertainty
- Diligent and detailed executor with a relentless drive to get stuff done
- A self-starter who operates autonomously in fast-paced environments
- Familiarity with GSuite (spreadsheets, slides, docs, etc.)
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.