Who We Are
Summer’s mission is to help the 45 million Americans burdened by student debt save money through smart, algorithm-based recommendations. Summer combines policy expertise and innovative technology to serve student loan borrowers across the country. Our founding team draws on years of experience in public policy, law, consumer finance, and engineering to tackle one of the greatest challenges of our generation.
We are a Certified B Corporation® as part of our commitment to helping all borrowers improve their financial health through better repayment strategies. We recently raised our Series A and are backed by a team of world-class investors, including General Catalyst, NextView, Greycroft, Foundation Capital, Story Ventures, QED Investors, and Flourish Ventures.
Summer is seeking a Business Development Associate to prospect, qualify, and sign potential customers for our premium product: “Summer at Work.” As the first point of contact between Summer and prospective customers interested in helping their employees navigate student loan repayment, you will be responsible for generating and qualifying new leads, effectively conveying Summer’s value proposition, and converting prospects to paying customers.
The ideal candidate has a keen eye for identifying new business opportunities and can rapidly convert those opportunities. This position will report into our Business Development team and collaborate cross-functionally across the organization.
In this role, you will:
- Develop outreach strategies and messaging to target specific employer verticals
- Convey Summer’s unique value proposition to interested customers
- Build trust and rapport with prospects, resulting in a sales pipeline of qualified leads
- Perform full funnel prospecting, driving opportunities from inception to close
- 2-4 years of experience in business development and/or sales
- Outstanding prospecting, phone, sales, and interpersonal skills
- Experience selling technology products, optimally to HR leaders
- General understanding of sourcing, pitching, and closing client opportunities
- Passion for helping Summer’s partners and borrowers reach their financial health goals
Values + Benefits
We're proud to be a mission-driven company with an inclusive culture. Our greatest asset is the set of values our team strives to embody every day: empathy, diversity, growth, determination, humility, and fun. Read more about what these mean to us at https://www.meetsummer.org/careers.
We also offer significant equity allocations, healthcare coverage, 401(k) plans with an employer match, contribution toward student loan repayment, and flexible vacation/PTO.
Sound interesting? We look forward to hearing from you. Join us to help fix the system!
Summer provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.