Business Development Channel Lead at Orchard
Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 400 employees and growing. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for a Business Development Channel Lead to launch new partner channels and revenue growth initiatives. You will be responsible for initiating conversations with new potential partners and identifying new revenue opportunities for the business. You’ll work closely with the Director of Business Development and the Head of Business Development to refine Orchard’s partner value proposition and deliver our pitch. Ultimately, you’ll help Orchard standup new partner channels to acquire homebuyers and sellers, and create meaningful experiences for our customers.
The ideal candidate for this will have 6+ years experience in a business development, sales or channel partnership role. You are friendly, organized, and trustworthy, and you get excited about influencing others and making genuine new connections.
What You’ll Do Here
- Initiate and manage new strategic partnerships to expand Orchard’s user acquisition efforts and revenue.
- Establish and maintain strong external relationships ranging from senior executives to line employees at a variety of prospective partners - lenders, home builders, employers, banks, payment companies, etc.
- Design and launch new partnership channels and meet or exceed associated performance targets.
- Lead all stages of the commercial deal process, managing each step from strategy/planning, messaging, pipeline development, prospecting, outreach, contract drafting, negotiations and implementation.
- Develop and test strategies for the BD team establishing communication with decision makers; including ”cold calling” and other best practices to generate partnership interest.
- Conduct market research and devise growth strategy, with a focus on customer acquisition.
- Track, measure and provide analysis on success rate and ROI of various partners, to inform future resource allocation.
- Be comfortable working in the ambiguity and shifting priorities that come with an early stage startup
- Be a champion for Orchard throughout the housing industry! Continually track the Real Estate industry to stay abreast of new ideas and professionally represent Orchard at local conferences and events.
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 6+ years of experience in business development, sales, or another customer-facing, quota driven role
- Entrepreneurial background with a focus in real estate and/or technology preferred
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to lead cross-functional teams through influence and persuasion.
- Passion for networking and strategic deal making. Track record of success meeting quotas
- Familiar with LinkedIn, LinkedIn Sales Navigator and cold call best practices
- Outstanding communication skills in all forms: written, conversational, negotiations, presenting
- Prior employment at early/growth stage company strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're continuing to work from home until it's safe for all employees to return to the office. Our offices are open for our team members who would like to come in on a voluntary basis and for team members who work in essential in-office roles. As part of our commitment to health and safety, all employees currently working in our office spaces are required to show proof of vaccination. We anticipate making an official return to the office on a hybrid basis in January of 2022 and are excited to see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.