Business Development -Channel Lead
Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
Justworks’ business development team is responsible for bringing in channel revenue through strategic partnerships. The Business Development CPA Channel Lead will identify and source new partnerships with accountants, bookkeepers and outsourced CFO’s, and then manage those relationships to set them up for success. This is a quota-carrying role within the sales organization that reports into the Director of Business Development. It is also a leadership role, in that this person will work closely with the Director, BD to set strategy and provide coaching/direction to the CPA Channel Specialist.
The role is part sales, in that this person should be able to sell an accountant on the benefits of partnering with Justworks, and part relationship management, in that this person will then nurture those partners and source referral business on an ongoing basis. Soft skills are a must - - the business development team is cross-functional and leads other internal teams through influence.
What you'll do
- Identify which Accounting/Outsourced CFO firms would be good Justworks partners
- Prospect and set up meetings with accountants
- Travel to other US cities to grow the CPA channel in multiple markets (about 30-40% of your time)
- Nurture partners, delivering value back to their practices in exchange for referrals
- Set CPA Channel strategy with the Director, Business Development
- Hit quarterly revenue targets
Who you are
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- 4-6 years in a quota-carrying role, either in BD, partnerships or channel sales
- Past experience selling into and/or networking with the accounting community
- Track record of building strong relationships
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM (other systems like Tableau are a plus)
- Superior communication skills
- Jack of all trades, startup hustler who isn’t afraid to roll his/her sleeves up, doing event planning, marketing, sales operations, whatever is necessary
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.