Business Development (Director and Senior Manager roles available)
The Business Development team is responsible for identifying and driving key business opportunities at Flatiron in three areas: (1) strategic partnerships (2) M&A and (3) new market development. We are looking for people who will not only develop new strategies to accelerate Flatiron’s growth, but will also drive their execution to deliver results. Some examples of our work include bringing new products to market with a partner (e.g., developing a joint clinico-genomic data product with Foundation Medicine), launching new companies (e.g., OneOncology), and incubating new product offerings / market launches.
In this role, you’ll work cross-functionally with Flatiron teams to identify and execute partnerships, acquisitions, and new market launches that help Flatiron realize our mission of improving lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Working in a fast-paced and rapidly growing business, you will be consistently challenged and are expected to learn quickly from your brilliant cross-functional team mates as you make an impact on cancer care together.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Proactively identify and prioritize opportunities for Flatiron’s businesses, brainstorm and evaluate tradeoffs of potential solutions, conduct analyses, and make strategic decisions
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the company (founders, product, legal, finance, sales, marketing, oncology, etc.) to properly identify, prioritize, and execute on partnership and M&A opportunities
- Lead all aspects of deal execution, including identification and prioritization of partners/targets, strategic and financial assessment, transaction structuring and negotiation, operations planning, follow through to results, and relationship management
- You have 6+ years experience in externally-facing roles in healthcare, preferably in a top 3 management consulting firm or business / corporate development or related role at a high growth company
- You have experience leading partnership or M&A deals end-to-end
- You have robust project management skills with demonstrated success in bringing highly complex, cross-functional projects to completion
- You have exceptional written and communication skills and experience developing external relationships
- You have a high degree of comfort with ambiguity - you’re able to quickly develop hypotheses with limited information and have a demonstrated ability to learn complex concepts quickly
- You have a nose for value - you’re able to effectively prioritize and think strategically in a challenging, rapidly changing, and time sensitive environment
- You’re a highly analytical, strategic thinker with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their implications