Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single-family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions – the sale and purchase of a home – stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 200+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
We are proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine as a best workplace of 2020 and have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating!
Role and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for cultivating local and national partnerships, and launching new revenue driving initiatives. Located in New York City and reporting to the Head of Business Development, you will engage with a diverse set of constituents in the real estate ecosystem - including technology and service providers, real estate agents, financial institutions, and property investment companies - to deliver innovative solutions that help Orchard acquire new homebuyers and sellers, and create meaningful experiences for our customers.
The ideal candidate for this role is motivated by more than “inking” a deal. As part of the BD team, you’ll have the opportunity to develop and launch new channels for Orchard. A true entrepreneur, this person is excited about carrying partnerships from wacky idea through scaling.
We’re looking for dynamic team players who can wear multiple hats while collaborating with Orchard’s many teams (including Product, Field Operations, Customer Experience and Brokerage). Title is dependent on individual's experience level
- Develop new customer acquisition channels
- Spearhead end-to-end programs, including strategy development, piloting, execution, measurement, and advocacy
- Collaborate with local market leaders to identify business opportunities and drive adoption of emerging programs
- Be comfortable working in the ambiguity and shifting priorities that come with an early stage startup
- Be a champion for Orchard throughout the housing industry!
- 5+ years in sales, business / corporate development, or management consulting
- Track record of success in quota driven roles
- Experience managing complex, long-term partner initiatives
- Prior employment at early/growth stage company strongly preferred
- Real estate experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
Personal characteristics and skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset: drive to deliver results and strong worth ethic
- Superior analytical skills and attention to detail; data-driven mentality
- Exceptional organizational skills with ability to prioritize work based on business and operational need
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excels at cross-functional teamwork & communication
- Low ego
- Ability to travel as needed (when it is safe and recommended to do so)