Work & Co (work.co) defines and launches the world's most successful digital products and services. With offices in the United States, Brazil and Europe, we've become the go-to partner for IKEA, Google, Apple, Epic Games, Mailchimp, Aesop, Etsy and many other globally respected companies. As Fast Company noted, our engineering and design teams are routinely entrusted with creating digital products for companies which rarely approach outside firms. Forrester Research calls our approach “a model to follow.”
We’re seeking a Business Development Director to join our team. This new role could be based in our Brooklyn or Portland office and will work with our global team focusing on North American opportunities.
Our Business Development Director isn’t a salesperson. You are a curator who can pinpoint the ideal partner opportunities for Work & Co - striving to match our capabilities and our style of working with clients through an iterative design and development process. We’re hyper-focused on helping top companies create the core digital products that drive them forward. To do this, you will work with cross-functional teams and the most senior leaders both internally and client-side to prioritize and manage multiple tracks of work at any one time.
The Director must be passionate about digital products and their impact. You deeply understand and know how to fluently communicate how our distinct approach to digital product design and development can transform a client’s business both in writing and in-person. You bring to meetings a solid understanding of our unique offering in the market, along with our processes and workflow, enabling you to strategically vet and respond to inbound inquiries. In addition, you always have an eye on new opportunities and areas where our capabilities can create a positive impact.
What You Will Do
- Be a primary point of contact for new client opportunities, leading client communications and managing timelines across multiple potential engagements.
- Manage pitches and proposals from start-to-finish, including the development of pitch strategies together with our alongside product management, strategy, design and engineering teams.
- Collaborate across internal cross-functional teams to create business development and marketing materials including pitch documents, presentation decks, case studies and website updates. You’ll work most closely with company leadership as well as our growth and marketing team.
- Track creative and business trends to spot opportunities to smartly target potential brand partners across a variety of industries.
- Research new business prospects to qualify opportunities and uncover valuable client insights to drive our approach. You’ll need to be able to quickly and effectively create reports on client prospects.
- Manage our case studies and maintain our business development database to ensure we have an accurate picture for our CRM efforts.
We Are Looking For
- 6-10 years of experience in a business development role. Ideally, you also have agency or consulting experience.
- Self-starter: Someone who thrives in a deadline-oriented environment and is highly organized. You have the ability to manage multiple tasks with ease, strategically prioritize them, and analyze opportunities to make recommendations on approaches.
- Demonstrated self-starter comfortable trying new things, quick to learn new skills and able to proactively identify new opportunities.
- Proven ability to identify trends, patterns and insights from data, and then devise ways to turn insight into action.
- Be able to articulate our approach, strategically define our POV, and work collaboratively with the team to bring it to life.
- Well-versed in technology. Since we are a digital product company, you have to understand what we do to be successful.
- A passion for digital products, design and technology. Familiarity with digital sales tools and technologies such as Keynote, G Suite and Salesforce.
- Strong communicator. Offers both strong, clear writing as well as impressive presentation skills.
- Agency experience required.
At Work & Co, we believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.