Healthcare is too hard. At Zocdoc, we strive every day to make it easier for patients to get the care they need. Founded with a mission to give power to the patient, Zocdoc enables the seamless healthcare experience patients expect and deserve. Every day, we hear from patients who tell us about the very real difference we’ve made in their lives. You can hear some of their stories here.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such we will not require our teams to return to the offices until Labor Day 2021. Click here to read more about this decision from Zocdoc's founder and CEO, Oliver Kharraz.
Your Impact on our Mission:
As the Director of Business Development, you will work closely with the Product, Sales and Business Operations team to craft partnerships with other healthcare organizations. This crucial role helps simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers by powering Zocdoc’s technology with strong back-end integrations.
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- Are passionate about how technology can improve the healthcare experience for patients and providers
- Enjoy negotiating complex deals with stakeholders at all levels
- Are versatile and highly-organized with acute attention to detail
- Are persistent, curious and driven to succeed in a career in tech startups
Your day-to-day is…
- Mastering the Zocdoc platform, so that you are able articulate its value to partners and their customers
- Understanding the technology behind the Zocdoc platform, and the technical solutions needed for key partnerships
- Communicating the value propositions and key areas of alignment between key technology providers in Healthcare (e.g. EHRs / PMSs ) and Zocdoc
- Keeping abreast of developments and trends (technological, commercial and regulatory) in Healthcare; particularly in the EHR space
- Creating, managing and executing a strategic partnerships plan within a designated portfolio of technology partners
- Owning business relationships with partner organizations and working closely with Zocdoc’s tech teams as required
- Working with the Sales team to identify and pursue new partnership opportunities
- Aligning with Marketing to develop internal and external assets to evangelize the technical partnerships
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 7+ years of experience in Business Development or Technology Solutions. Healthcare experience a plus but not essential
- A strategic mindset, strong business acumen and analytical ability
- Demonstrated ability to deal with uncertainty and change
- The ability to successfully manage multiple work-streams and prioritize competing projects
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with C-Suite executives, with strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to work independently and as an individual contributor with minimal oversight
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% covered health care for employees
- Parental leave
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.