Business Development Executive at AlphaSights
Business Development Executive
We empower humanity’s progress and are looking for help! AlphaSights helps business leaders make better decisions faster so people can live happier lives. Whether it’s helping an emergency communications company developing new products for campus safety, helping medical device companies improve their products that save lives or helping tech companies build the latest software to manage their supply chains, clients turn to us when they need knowledge to advance their work.
How do we do it? By searching for and connecting our clients with hand selected subject matter experts worldwide within 24-48 hours. We call it knowledge search and we are the experts at finding experts wherever they may be. In a given day our team uses tools like resume databases, professional networking sites, news articles, press releases, trade associations and old school networking to pinpoint exactly the right person for our clients to speak with. Then, we track them down and connect them to our clients for hour long phone discussions, in person meetings and written surveys. As a result, our clients can learn from others who have seen it and done it before- whatever it may be. Check out our latest work here:
AlphaSights Interaction Map
Seamless global teamwork across our offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Dubai, Shanghai, Seoul and Hong Kong allows us to rapidly deliver on the most challenging client demands effectively, confidentially and across all industry sectors and geographies.
We are passionate and successful – regularly ranked as one of the fastest growing companies in the world – but also humble. The next stage of our growth centers on building an industry-leading, global corporate business. If you’re passionate about helping people, curious about business and ready to work hard, we want to hear from you!
As a key member of AlphaSights’ nascent Corporate business segment, your role is to help bring innovation to the forefront of our client’s work by winning business with Fortune 1000 companies. Operating on the frontline, you will design and execute your own sales strategy to help launch the AlphaSights value proposition into new markets. Your audience consists of senior-level corporate decision makers at some of the most impressive companies in North America.
To be successful in the role, you must combine the ability to intelligently and systematically map your prospective client universe and research individual companies using first class communication, negotiation, and storytelling skills. This is a fast-paced, client-facing, and communication-intense role with a clear focus on revenue generation. Your personal success is clearly and directly linked to the success of the corporate business unit within AlphaSights.
What We're Looking For
This is a position for an emotionally intelligent individual who enjoys connecting with people, is an exemplar of professionalism, and is highly motivated by exceeding targets. Our most successful people embrace a “whatever-it-takes” mantra and relish the opportunity to roll up their sleeves to achieve their goals. We are motivated by our mission
- Career maturity and alignment: Clarity about direction, committed to getting there and aware of how AlphaSights fits with your journey
- Commercial drive: Seeking to develop sales and negotiation skills as well as the rewards for commercial success
- Innate self-confidence and ability to thrive in a very autonomous, and sometimes uncertain environment
- Can-do attitude: Passion for making a tangible impact
- Excellent communication skills: Confidence and poise to initiate conversations with senior executives in diverse markets and functions
- 3-5 years' work experience, preferably gained in a demanding, high-growth environment (sales experience is not essential)
- A deep-seated conviction to embark on a career in business, specifically within the business development realm
- Strong academic credentials, and noteworthy extracurricular leadership
- Travel ~20% of the time nationwide
Learn more about the role from our Vice President of Client Development!