Business Development Executive
ALICE RAISES THE PAY OF WORKING AMERICANS
Alice raises the take-home pay of working Americans. 156 million employees in the US are spending more and more of their budget on healthcare, childcare, and commuting. Alice uses software to add money to people’s paychecks when they spend on everyday items that are pretax eligible—with no forms, no math, no acronyms. When employers connect Alice to their payroll system, their workers keep more of what they rightfully earn, without any more work from HR. Alice is a true win-win-win. Employees take home more of what they earn, employers save on payroll taxes, and Alice is paid only from what employers save. No one pays for Alice out-of-pocket.
We’re a bright, diverse, and dedicated team solving hard problems. Our day-to-day work crosses cultures we are passionate about—venture backed-tech, government and regulators, employers and business owners, local communities, and working people. We take great pride in having team members from different backgrounds because we know that every voice matters.
GROWTH-FOCUSED CHANNEL SALES PROFESSIONAL - JOIN US IN NYC!
We’re looking for a Broker Partner Sales Executive to join our team in NYC. More than just a sales operator, you are helping us develop our approach to Mid-Market and Enterprise prospects in the restaurant and staffing. You care about creating new processes in market sizes we have not tapped and are excited about helping us develop a winning sales playbook on our journey as a company. You are a great communicator with a fearless attitude about creating a new path forward.
Our mission lights you up. You get that working at a startup means your work runs beyond the edges of a job title. You like the tension between craft and shipping. Maybe you want your next job to be managing a team in Sales or Customer Success - this role will prepare you for that.
As Alice’s Broker Partner Sales Executive, you will get to become a key member of Alice’s growing Channel Partner team, becoming an expert at articulating the vision for the company and generating interest in our product through group health insurance Advisors and Brokers.
Specifically, we’ll rely on you to navigate the day-to-day challenges of developing, managing and closing deals through a growing network of brokers that translates into new Alice clients. That includes...
- Generating new business opportunities through outbound cold calling, emailing, and prospecting by other means, into a specifically targeted database of Brokers and Advisors
- Conducting follow-up calls and emails to prospective Brokers/Advisors on specific timeframes, and experimenting over time to see what works best
Managing Broker Relationships
- Serving as main point of contact, delighting brokers and advisors to refer business to Alice
- Create a network within each brokerage of producers, account executives and account managers to deepen those relationships over time and develop trust and confidence in Alice
- Work closely with Marketing team to develop materials to drive brokers to create more opportunities for Alice
Lead Conversion to Sales
- Responding to all inbound leads for prospective customers from brokers and advisors through discovery calls, demos and meetings
- Driving the defined sales process and managing the contract approval for net new customers
- Managing and tracking your pipeline using our CRM tools and tech stack
- Hitting and exceeding monthly sales goals
- Contacting all unconverted leads from Channel partners within a defined cadence for success in engagement/onboarding.
You’ll get to work directly with our repeat entrepreneur founders and the rest of the Alice team. Our team has experience from awesome places like Adobe, OnDeck, Handshake, and Lending Tree. We’re backed by talented advisors and notable investors like Bain Capital, Notation Capital, and Trinity Ventures.
Alice will make sure that you have what you need to do your job with excellence, including...
- A culture that values your agency, autonomy, and the time and space it requires to do your work.
- A smart and supportive team who are dedicated to our mission and to set you up to reach your full potential.
- A professional growth stipend to invest in ongoing growth, learning, development.
- Competitive salary, healthcare, retirement, and vacation benefits. Obviously you’ll also have the best pretax benefits under the sun.
THE PERFECT FIT
You’ll be a great fit for this role at Alice if you...
- Care deeply about putting more money in the hands of working Americans.
- Have 3-5 years of sales or prospecting experience, preferably in the insurance world. Bonus if you are a salesperson at an insurance brokerage or carrier today!
- Are excellent at relationship development skills to build authentic, trusting relationships externally and internally
- Have best-in-class phone and interpersonal skills, i.e. you can talk to anyone on the phone and have them enjoy the conversation.
- Are highly organized and have strong time management skills.
- Like to work quickly while keeping a high bar on the quality of your work product.
- Are excited about learning and growing in a startup environment.
- Have a real passion for learning new things, experimenting, and gaining responsibility over time.