Business Development Lead at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for a Business Development professional who is passionate about the power of Squarespace's platform and products to help customers build their brand and their business. Our Business Development team serves to commercialize new partnerships and incubate new growth opportunities for the company. You will help identify new areas of potential growth and develop the most promising. The team collaborates with Legal, Finance, Product, Design, Engineering, Marketing and more.
This role is based in New York and reports to the Director of Business Development.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Identify strategic product partnerships and bring the most promising opportunities to life in for our customers
- Develop operational revenue models for partnerships, integrations and new growth opportunities that expand Squarespace’s reach and business
- Maintain direct and active relationships with key partners, including proactively resolving business and technical issues and serving as partners’ internal advocate
- Communicate market opportunities, needs and partner feedback to inform product roadmap and prioritization
- Collaborate with design, product, engineering, legal, finance, marketing, and PR to launch new partnerships
- Track and communicate partner metrics, industry trends and the impact of these partnerships on business goals
- Develop business proposals, structure projections and KPIs, and negotiate term sheets / contracts
- Represent Squarespace in external meetings with senior executives from other companies
- 4+ years of professional experience relating to partnerships, business development, strategy, or product management
- Experience developing first-of-kind deals that are creative and align business incentives with great user experiences
- Experience growing and optimizing key strategic partnerships to maximize mutual benefit for Squarespace and the partner
- Strong product sense, and comfort with considering basic technical feasibility of third party integrations
- A passion and curiosity for new creative business products and their potential for transforming industries, particularly the small/medium business (SMB) sector
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to lead and handle multiple time-sensitive initiatives without sacrificing attention to detail
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.