Business Development Lead at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for a Business Development professional who is passionate about the power of Squarespace's platform and products to help customers build their brand and their business. You will focus on our key strategic product partnerships and growing the relationships with these companies. In addition to our product teams, we work with engineering, design, legal, marketing and operations teams to drive product and business growth.
This role is based in New York and reports directly to our Manager, Business Development.
At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until June 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if and when it is safe to return to our offices.
- Identify strategic product partnerships and bring these opportunities to life in our product for our customers
- Develop operational revenue models for integrations to expand Squarespace’s reach and business growth
- Maintain direct and active relationships with partners, including proactively resolving business and technical issues and serving as an internal advocate
- Communicate market opportunities, needs and partner feedback to teams to inform product roadmap and prioritization
- Collaborate with design, product, engineering, legal, finance, marketing, and PR to launch new product partnerships
- Track and communicate partner metrics, industry trends and the impact of these partnerships on business goals
- Develop business proposals, structure projections and KPIs, and negotiate term sheets / contracts
- Manage partnership pipeline and activities, develop rationale for identified opportunities, and validate of deal rationale and viability
- Represent Squarespace in external meetings with senior executives from other companies
- 4+ years of professional experience relating to partnerships, business development, strategy, or product management
- Experience developing first-of-kind deals which are creative and align business incentives with great user experiences
- Experience growing and optimizing key strategic partnerships to maximize mutual benefit for Squarespace and the partner
- Strong product sense, and comfort with considering basic technical feasibility of partner integrations
- A passion and curiosity for new creative tool products and their potential for transforming industries
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to lead and handle multiple time-sensitive initiatives without sacrificing attention to detail
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.