Business Development Manager - Channel Program at Latch
Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is looking for the ideal Business Development Manager to join our world-class, growing channel sales program. The Business Development Manager role will focus on finding and nurturing developer and portfolio owner leads. The Business Development Manager will work collaboratively with the larger Latch channel sales org to ensure successful handoff & deployment via our Certified Channel Partner network.
- Be creative in hunting, identifying and pursuing new prospect Latch customers, including new construction, commercial, portfolio owner, and developer leads
- Research key markets to target customers. Ideally, leverage your existing deep relationships with developers and architects
- Cold call, reach out, and attend industry networking events to build interest in Latch’s full building solution
- Overcome objections and adjust to address developer-specific requirements
- Communicate proactively, follow-up, and follow-through to build lasting account relationships
- Become a Latch expert and act as the main point of contact for owner/developer leads
- Understand and address prospects’ needs
- Present Latch’s products and solutions with the primary purpose of gathering new business and signing new portfolio properties
- Work collaboratively with Latch’s Channel Account Executive team to ensure a successful customer to channel partner handoff experience including facilitating scope & quoting requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of applicable business development or sales experience
- Real estate industry experience is preferred
- Motivated, results-oriented self starter who is capable of cultivating new relationships while developing existing relationships
- Possess the talent to influence key stakeholders to drive sales
- Commitment to staying up to date on Latch product & feature offerings, industry news and best practices, and attend industry networking events (virtual to start)
- Excellent presentation & written communication skills
- Innovative. The ideal candidate is creative with how they find & grow leads
- Proficient in CRM account management skills, Salesforce preferred
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to reimagine modern buildings of today and drive evolution for the cities of tomorrow. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice