LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry's largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With thousands of retailers and thousands of brands across 26 territories in the US and Canada, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $1 billion in wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, including Thrive Capital and Lerer Hippeau is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!The Role
LeafLink is seeking a Business Development Manager with 5+ years of SaaS sales experience in a high growth team. This role requires proficiency in speaking to the power of large data sets and the decisions they can drive for different sized companies. This role is for self-starters and entrepreneurial-minded individuals who possess exceptional follow-through.
The ideal candidate for this role is a goal-oriented overachiever, inherently positive and direct individual willing to explore new paths that require rapid-learning. We are looking for a collaborative contributor that is willing to roll up their sleeves and be an effective partner day one. This role will involve a high degree of collaboration across all teams at LeafLink including Data, Product, Client Experience, SaaS Sales, Payments and Logistics.Responsibilities
- Drive revenue for the Buyer Insights product
- Drive higher buyer engagement on our platform using Insights product usage as one lever
- Partner with buyers to bring their data into our ecosystem
- Collaborate with Product teams to enhance our existing Insights products as well as buyer experience in-platform
- Collaborate with Shipping team to drive adoption and bundling in markets where there is strategic fit
- Collaborate within revenue organization and within the Insights & Marketing Services team to scope opportunities for strategic accounts and vertically integrated companies
- Leverage our CRM to construct, forecast, and manage sales activity and drive pipeline to meet your revenue targets and company goals
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-10 years of experience in a sales role in the software industry selling a SaaS platform, B2B software, data product, into a retail space.
- Experience selling into cannabis brands and/or retailers
- You have carried a quota for at least 2 years
- Experience with Salesforce
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong listening skills and are able to pivot a conversation quickly to solutions
- Strong creative problem solving skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, internally and with outside vendors and partners
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup, and excitement about a rapidly changing industry
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Bonus: Experience structuring or participating in partnerships conversations in the data industry
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.