Business Development Manager
Hello, we are Back Market, the leading marketplace dedicated to refurbished devices. Our mission? To make resurrected devices mainstream.
Yes it sounds churchy, but there you have it.
As a key member of the global Business Development team, you will help develop and scale Back Market in the United States, both on the operational side and the strategic side. Based in our NYC office, you will work closely with our customer care, marketing, and technical teams, all passionate professionals who are dedicated to making sure our products and the Back Market brand stand out.
To apply for this position, please submit your application here: https://jobs.lever.co/backmarket/d5312adc-d8a9-4b75-a4a5-84cb6f8388e9?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=Handshake
Your duties will include:
- Signing New Sellers & Growing Catalog: you’ll keep a close eye on the biggest sales opportunities and hunt sellers to have those products online
- Building: design and implement new processes and tools to ensure the team can work efficiently and effectively
- Partnering: build strong, efficient, and lasting relationships with our merchants & key business partners
- Onboarding: assist merchants as they integrate their products and offers on to our platform and provide them with thorough training on our tools and back office processes
- Monitoring: closely follow merchants' first steps to ensure quality standards are met and sales are taking off
- Marketing: coordinate with marketing team to define the promotional calendar and source corresponding catalogue
What you’ll need:
- 2 years of experience in a sales/consulting/finance position (this can include internship experience!)
- Entrepreneurial mind is key, you are open-minded and always eager to exceed expectations
- Passionate about growth and eager to learn, you know how to step back to consider a problem from a broader context
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and a great business sense, you are good at understanding people and building long-lasting relationships
- Good sense of priorities and organization – you excel at managing projects and time
- “Getting things done” is your lifestyle
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure – you understand what “startup” means
- Must be hands-on with high level of energy and professional skills to function effectively and independently in a demanding change-oriented environment
- Fantastic team player
Other things you should know:
- Great office environment in our Brooklyn coworking space
- Talented and passionate teams on both sides of the Atlantic
- Daily collaboration with our European colleagues
- Opportunity to travel domestically and internationally
More about us:
Reducing electronic waste, fighting planned obsolescence, and driving the circular economy forward are 3 good reasons to wake up in the morning. Founded in November 2014, Back Market is the very first marketplace specializing in refurbished electric and electronic devices. We are on a mission to make refurbished mainstream, and we do this by connecting certified professionals who work hard to ensure all electric and electronic devices get a second life with consumers looking for equipment that makes a difference.
Born in France, Back Market is now bringing its revolutionary marketplace to the US, and we’re building a world-class team to support this growth. If you have an interest in environmentally-friendly initiatives, a passion for business development, and a genuine desire to build a first-class global marketplace, we want to hear from you.
We have a challenging schedule and high business expectations, so you'll need to be able to get up to speed without compromising on attention to detail. For the right person, this is a chance to gain valuable experience in building a star and to join a fast-growing, passionate and life-changing company that's shaking up the consumer electronics business.
This is a full-time role offering benefits and a flexible vacation policy. Back Market is an equal opportunity employer.