Business Development Manager
We’re seeking a Business Development Manager to join our team. This role is based in our Brooklyn office and will work across our offices on global business opportunities.
We are hyper-focused on designing and developing digital products and services that provide everyday utility. The business development manager is a curator who can pinpoint the ideal partner opportunities for Work & Co — striving to match our capabilities and our collaborative style of working with exciting clients that seek to transform their products and businesses.
The manager must be a strong collaborator and communicator — in email, writing, Keynote presentations, on the phone, and in-person. You not only grasp how our digital product design and development capabilities can transform a client’s business, but you are also passionate about digital products personally. You bring a solid understanding of our unique offering in the market, along with our distinct processes and workflow, enabling you to identify new client opportunities and responding to requests.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate across internal cross-functional teams to pull together, proofread, and format business development materials, including pitch documents, presentation decks, and case studies. You’ll work directly with our new business team leaders across offices as well as our most senior leaders across disciplines.
- Research new business prospects to identify potential opportunities and uncover valuable client insights to drive our approach. You’ll need to be able to quickly and effectively create reports on client prospects.
- Responsible for driving lead generation from list building to targeted outreach, including preparation and outreach assistance for events and conferences.
- Responsible for scheduling and preparation for prospect and pitch meetings.
- Drive forward multiple types of responses that are often time-sensitive and deadline driven while maintaining a clear understanding for relative priority.
- Manage our lead pipeline and database to ensure we have an accurate picture in our CRM (Salesforce), and are nurturing leads with long maturity cycles.
- Track creative and business trends to spot opportunities to smartly target potential client partners across a variety of industries.
We Are Looking For
- 4+ years experience in a business development role, preferably in a BDR capacity in a complex and long tail sales environment.
- Someone who thrives in a deadline-oriented environment and is highly organized. You have the ability to manage multiple tasks with ease, strategically prioritize them, and analyze opportunities to make recommendations on approaches.
- Demonstrated self-starter comfortable trying new things, quick to learn new skills, and able to proactively identify new opportunities.
- Proven ability to identify trends, patterns, and insights from data, and then, devise ways to turn insight into action.
- Excellent prioritization and time-management to meet deadlines while also balancing multiple concurrent tasks.
- Well-versed in design and technology. Since we are a digital product company, you have to understand what we do to be successful.
- A passion for digital products, design, and technology.
- Strong familiarity with digital tools such as Keynote, G Suite, Salesforce, Winmo.
- Strong communicator. Offers both strong, clear writing as well as understanding for what makes a great presentation.
At Work & Co, we believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.