Business Development Manager at Whip Media Group
The Whip Media Group of companies is transforming the business of content throughout the global entertainment ecosystem. Our portfolio includes media and trusted technology organizations that deliver immense client value through new data-driven solutions, empowering unprecedented real-time insights. Together, our companies track billions of consumer actions and financial transactions that accelerate innovation for buyers and sellers of content.
We’re Not Your Typical Start-Up
We’ve built a unique Content Value Management (CVM) platform for B2B that’s leveraged by some of the largest players in the entertainment industry, we have a management team that’s run multiple billion-dollar companies, and we’re still only 130 people…for now. We’re growing quickly and have a cool sister company, TV Time, the world’s largest TV and movie tracking app with millions of users around the world. Want to be the next on board?
The Business Development Manager will report to the CMO and will be responsible for the lead generation and qualification process for a growing sales force. The individual should be motivated, aggressive and utilize research and outreach skills to help secure new clients. Qualified appointment setting will be instrumental to the management of this program. The BDM will also provide outreach support to the Marketing team by mining for new contacts, interviews/surveys and research to help build the corporate database.
How you will contribute:
- Manage internal outreach programs to generate leads for sales force
- Lead the identification and targeting of addressable/accessible markets for demand generation
- Produce qualified leads in multiple market segments and personas within the Media and Entertainment industry
- Pro-active outreach persistently and provide lead follow-up
- Communicate with customer base to cross sell/up sell
- Qualify leads generated from inbound, campaigns, events, LinkedIn outreach and other sources
- Obtain key contacts and mapping out a company’s infrastructure/decision tree
- Foster close relationship and interaction with sales management and sales
- Event recruitment
- Report and track leads generated
To be successful in this role you'll need:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of business development experience with strong oral, communication and outreach skills
- EMEA experience is a plus
- Proficiency in a CRM system such as Salesforce.com and Yesware
- Proficient in the use of LinkedIn and other lead/data sourcing sites
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high energy, results oriented environment with enthusiasm, flexibility and a can-do attitude
- Knowledge of entertainment industry a plus but not required
What we offer:
- An executive team that is composed of industry veterans with a track record of scaling startups
- 401K, Healthcare, Vision, Dental
- Generous PTO policy
- Free Lunch on Friday and unlimited snacks!
Whip Media Group is a technology and data insights company that is transforming the global entertainment ecosystem. Our platform helps companies determine how to package, market, track and value TV shows & movies in this new world of cross-platform, cross-device, time-shifted, global viewership.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.