Business Development / Partnerships Manager
Bread is using technology and design to transform the world of paper credit card applications and hidden interest rates. We partner with retailers to offer pay-over-time solutions that make financing easier and more transparent. Our products improve ease-of-use and access for consumers while helping retailers grow their sales by reaching more shoppers. We’re backed by top investors including Menlo Ventures and Bessemer Venture Partners.
We’re seeking a highly motivated and experienced business development professional to join a fast-growing department within Bread to help expand our distribution and scale. This scale is achieved through channel and revenue generating partnerships, or by partnering with product to put in place capabilities to enable our next set of solutions.
This role will be responsible for driving new strategic partnerships through the entire business development lifecycle: from sourcing, to negotiating and signing, to implementing and managing the relationship. Knowledge of and experience with e-commerce and the payments ecosystem is important.
The position reports to the Head of Partnerships and is based in New York.
Things you’ll do:
- Research, identify and execute potential technology integration, marketing and reseller partnerships
- Build and manage relationships with key partners across revenue generating distribution channels while consistently evangelizing the value proposition of Bread
- Develop go to market strategies to accelerate business growth through partner management
- Systemize processes, quantify progress, and track effectiveness of partners
- Collaborate cross-functionally to effectively launch and scale partnerships
- Collaborate externally across partner organizations to gain support and backing to ensure success
- Stay ahead of a rapidly changing industry landscape within e-commerce, payments and consumer finance
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3+ years of business development experience
- Desire to work autonomously and with a team to drive progress, help shape strategy, and take ownership in a dynamic environment
- Experience handling entire partnership deal cycles from pitching to closing to management with sizeable revenue potential. Preferred experience with e-commerce technology companies (platforms, email service providers, agencies, gateways, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal, communication and project management skills; highly detail oriented
- Proven experience navigating complex sets of interests and stakeholders, and the capability to make forward thinking decisions
- Knowledge and interest in retail, e-commerce, technology and the online payments ecosystem
- Curiosity, a thirst for knowledge, and a desire to take on greater responsibility
- Strategic mindset and excel at relationships across all levels and cross functional business units
- Fluency in negotiating term sheets and partner agreements
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, has a great attitude, a strong work ethic and possesses an unwavering commitment to success and learning.