Business Development Representative (Austin or Remote) at Onna
*** OPEN TO REMOTE WORK - EXCEPT IN COLORADO ***
We’re Onna: A passionate, hard-working team solving one of the biggest challenges facing today’s businesses — knowledge fragmentation. We’ve built the world’s first Knowledge Integration Platform to make enterprise knowledge more accessible, useful, and private. We help some of the world’s leading companies like Facebook, Slack, Electronic Arts, and Fitbit, to bring together fragmented knowledge from today’s most popular workplace applications. With our platform, teams can unify, protect, search, automate, and build on top of their organization’s proprietary knowledge, allowing them to leverage it in new and intuitive ways.
Onna is engaged in an active phase of growth and we are hiring across our offices in New York City, Barcelona, Raleigh-Durham, San Francisco, London & Toulouse. We are thrilled to be able to welcome new team members from across the world to a work environment that is lighthearted, fast-paced, exciting, and flexible. We provide our people with the tools, resources, and outstanding leadership to take their career to the next level. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, we want to hear from you!
We’re currently hiring a creative, high-energy, and data-driven Business Development Representative to drive awareness and interest for our market-leading central information access point solution. This role will report to the Business Development Manager and ideally, you'll be based in or around Austin, Texas. This person will be the first point of contact for prospecting and qualifying potential clients to help our sales team build a full pipeline.
What you’ll do:
- Prospect, educate, qualify, and distribute outbound/inbound leads to create sales-ready opportunities
- Work through a Named Account list in conjunction with an Account Executive in a POD structure
- Build target account lists and craft successful email, nurture, and phone campaigns
- Maintain complete, accurate, and up-to-date data for all prospects, contacts, and accounts in our CRM
- Research prospects and their companies to empower the Sales team before scheduled meetings
- Refine basic internal sales collateral
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing, and Enterprise Client Success teams to share knowledge, resources, best practices, SOPs, and help develop procedures throughout the company
- Own the lead workflow process to directly impact our sales numbers
Who you are:
- 1+ year of sales experience; SaaS and/or Enterprise Sales are a plus
- 1+ year of experience with Salesforce
- Proven success in other fast-paced startup sales environments
- You have excellent communication skills: you communicate with confidence via phone, email, and in-person and are able to build long-term strategic relationships with people at all levels
- You’re entrepreneurial: you create and own your success, and you’re excited to define the playbook for the BDR role here at Onna
- You’re a multitasker: you’re able to drive multiple accounts simultaneously, each at different stages and complexity
- You’re an obsessive list-maker
- You're creative, always approaching obstacles with outside-the-box thinking
- You’re empathetic and customer-focused: you truly understand our customer’s needs and you’re always willing and prepared to go the extra mile for them
We've entered a new era of remote work, where our day-to-day is now virtual, and we're committed to adapting to embrace this change.
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive salary package
- 401(k) with matching contribution
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage
- Flexible vacation and PTO policies
- Flexible working time
- Remote and semi-remote work opportunities
- Monthly virtual fitness and well-being stipend
- Learning and development budget
- Monthly virtual team Lunch-and-Learns and Happy Hours
- Birthday and anniversary celebration
About the product & Onna’s funding:
Our growing list of integrations includes the likes of G-Suite, Slack, Microsoft 365, Box, Dropbox and more. Our open API allows us to integrate with any cloud-based or on-premise platform, for optimal control and visibility into your most critical knowledge. Once connected to Onna, the potential use cases are limitless: Information Governance, eDiscovery, Compliance, Knowledge Management, are just a few ways Onna can empower organizations and their employees.
In 2019, we closed an $11M Series A led by Dawn Capital with the participation of our integration partners Slack Fund and Dropbox, and in 2020 we closed a $27M Series B led by Atomico with participation from Glynn Capital, as well as follow-up investments from Dawn Capital, Nauta Capital, and Slack Fund.
Onna is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You must have authorization to work in the location the position is posted.