About the role...
The Business Development team is responsible for seeding revenue-generating partnerships at Policygenius. Our team uses creative and data-driven techniques to drive new opportunities to grow the business through partnerships. We look for win-win opportunities that benefit both us and our partners as we continue growing Pg's reputation as a trusted advisor in the Home & Auto space.
The Business Development Representative will play a key role in helping Policygenius identify and source new potential partners that keep the team and company on track to deliver against key growth objectives. If you are eager to build a career in Business Development with the motivation to contribute to and learn from a quickly growing team, this may be the role for you!
In this role, you will…
- Identify new potential partners to promote Policygenius’s Home & Auto insurance offerings and tools
- Determine and utilize sales engagement systems and processes for maintaining a full sales pipeline
- Work with the Sr. Business Development Manager to identify the appropriate outreach processes to deliver on a specific number of weekly partner meetings
- Coordinate and schedule qualified partner meetings with the Sr. Business Development Manager and other members of the business development team
- Work cross-functionally across Marketing, Product, and Operations, to get larger-scale partnerships properly implemented and partner with an account manager on driving efficient growth in the early days post launch
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 1+ years of SDR experience in the technology, FinTech, or enterprise sales space or you have relevant internship experience
- You have prior experience managing a sales pipeline and are familiar with the steps needed to help close new business
- You have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build positive relationships with others to gain buy-in and achieve business results
- You are passionate about helping businesses grow and are self motivated with an ability to overcome objections
- You have a proven track record of meeting deadlines and collaborating with stakeholders across multiple teams
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" three years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!