Business Development Representative
Bread makes essential purchases affordable to regular people. We transform pricing in e-commerce: The $1,000 couch you’re looking at might become a $50/month charge. Clear, transparent terms with fair rates. Add a powerful, flexible merchant API that can seamlessly integrate financing anywhere in the e-commerce experience, and you’ve got Bread.
This position is an essential, strategic component of the Bread Sales team. The Business Development Representative (BDR) acts as a partner with the Account Executives calling on our largest prospects. The BDR provides frontline, outbound prospecting, lead generation, and follow up, clearly qualifying partnership opportunities and communicating Bread’s value to merchants.
Things you’ll do:
- Relentless prospecting via phone & email
- Research and develop target accounts and prospect lists
- Initiate the sales process via outbound and inbound communications
- Create client interest, answer questions and qualify sales opportunities
- Capture pertinent client data and update the Salesforce.com database
- Establish and maintain relationships with the sales and marketing teams
- Work as an integral part of a team to ensure timely and successful service launch
- Help develop and evolve Bread’s overall prospecting strategy and approach
- 1+ years of experience in a B2B business development role
- College degree
- Dynamic personality with a high energy level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external customers
- Understanding of business phone and email etiquette
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- Ability to deal with and adjust quickly to change
- Experience in the online marketing and/or retail/e-commerce arenas preferred
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, an excellent communicator, has a great attitude, a strong work ethic and possesses an unwavering commitment to success and learning.
What you get:
Here’s what you should expect when you join Bread:
- Competitive salaries
- Employee stock options
- Company and team volunteer days
- Full benefits (medical/dental/vision) and 401k plan
- Snacks, Drinks and more Snacks
- Ongoing professional development
- Company events and awesome culture
Who we are:
Our team is top tier. Our CEO has been involved with many successful fintech startups in New York. Our CTO spent years building high-end financial systems at banks and asset managers and then went to Yale Law School for fun. Our lead engineer was employee #1 at a company that Google bought for $400 million. Most importantly, we are a hard working, ambitious group that is devoted to our mission.
And our VCs are top tier, too: Bessemer, RRE, Greycroft, Maveron, Red Swan, Box Group, and others. And they couldn’t be more excited about the ambition and scope of what we are building.
Have additional questions? We would love to hear from you - [email protected]