Business Development Representative
Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We're a data-first marketing platform startup, and we approach our work seriously; we tackle problems in a scrappy and disruptive fashion, yet we build for scale to support our clients at big data volume.
We are the first and only enterprise customer data platform with a fully-integrated marketing cloud. Moving beyond the limitations of both categories, Simon’s platform empowers businesses to leverage enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel. Simon’s unique approach allows brands to develop incredible personalization capabilities without needing to build and maintain massive bespoke data infrastructure.
Our culture is rooted in organizational transparency, empowering individuals, and an attitude of getting things done. If you want to be a valuable contributor on a team that cultivates these core values we would love to hear from you.
As a Business Development Representative at Simon, you’re a driven self-starter with an excellent phone presence, you’re extremely motivated and driven by metrics and goals.. You’ll be responsible for outbound email and cold call campaigns, as well as prospecting and qualifying new leads for our sales team. You’ll also be a meaningful contributor to the overall strategic direction of our outreach. If you are looking to grow your career in sales this is the perfect role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Engage in pre-sale research to identify likely outreach targets
- Drive customer outreach and leverage our company's network to find and compose thoughtful customer introductions
- Set meetings with customers to discuss our product offering. Critically evaluate what parts of our pitch and product resonate with customers and which parts don't
- Generate new leads and collaborate closely with the rest of the sales team to build our sales pipeline
- 1+ years experience working in inside sales or lead generation
- Proven track record of selling success at an early to mid stage web company
- Appreciation for data and a true passion for the products we're building
- Experience working with sales tools (e.g. Salesforce and email automation) is a huge plus
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.