Business Development Representative
At White Ops, we are all about keeping it human. We are the global leader in bot mitigation. We protect more than 200 enterprises—including the largest internet platforms—from sophisticated bots by verifying the humanity of nearly one trillion online interactions every week. The most sophisticated bots look and act like humans when they click on ads, visit websites, fill out forms, take over accounts, and commit payment fraud. We stop them.
Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, our Bot Mitigation Platform protects enterprises from the sophisticated bots that threaten them. It’s an ongoing war that we fight passionately every day. Join our mission to stop bots, disrupt the economics of cyber crime, and keep it human.
The Business Development Representative is responsible for supporting the sales results of White Ops by initiating prospect meetings and conducting nurturing campaigns that help his or her sales team drive opportunities through marketing qualified leads (MQLs). The Business Development Representative will connect with business prospects through excellent telephone and written communications skills, while working in a fast-paced team environment. The main goal for the BDR is to set as many qualified meetings as possible with prospects. This role reports up to the CMO and is based in New York City.
- Cold-call prospects generated by internal and external lead sources. We find this to be the most effective way to successfully hit the MQL goal.
- Identify decision makers within targeted leads to begin sales process.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales executives to determine necessary strategic sales approaches and territory campaigns.
- Ensure follow-up by passing qualified leads to sales executives with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, and sources.
- Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert them into MQLs.
- Creatively prospect for new accounts via internal and external tools (including video, telephone & email).
- Work with marketing and sales operations to ensure integrity and upkeep of accounts in the CRM database.
- Appropriately communicate product offering description, brand identity, and corporate position.
- 0-3 years of direct work experience in a sales or telesales capacity. Recent grads welcome!
- Experience in cybersecurity or martech/ad tech preferred, though not required.
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects to meetings and achieving quotas or goals.
- Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers.
- Strong knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Passionate, self-motivated, with high initiative and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Competitive spirit that drives achievement of individual goals, while also supporting the team with its collective goals.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment of a high-growth technology company.
- Experience with CRM, and other critical tools, or a propensity to quickly learn new tools and resources.
Life at White Ops:
Our HQ office is located in the heart of New York City. We had approximately 100% headcount growth in the past year and we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing meaningful work and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.