Business Development Representative at Yext
The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
Yext is looking for a talented and dynamic Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our expanding sales team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to directly impact the growth of our business through top of the funnel activities that contribute to the lifeblood of our organization’s revenue. The Business Development Representative is responsible for outbound sales activity to discover, nurture, and qualify net new business opportunities. Candidates that thrive in this role are action-oriented, creative, lifelong learners, strong communicators and love to win.
A Day in the Life
- Research accounts and contacts to develop compelling and tailored value propositions
- Collaborate with Account Executives to optimize cross functional efforts
- Work closely with marketing to capitalize on “warm engagement” from demand generation and field marketing initiatives
- Maintain meticulous notes and tracking of accounts and engagement, leveraging tools such as Salesforce.com and Salesloft
- Seamlessly handle prospect’s objections and educate them on Yext and Brand Verified Answers
- Hit your personal target of Sales Qualified Leads (quota)
- Prospect, educate, qualify, and develop target accounts from lead-generation activities, such as outbound cold-calling, emailing, and direct mailers into targeted accounts
- Engage with prospects via phone, email and social selling tools to share the Yext vision, identify opportunities, and generate interest
- Disseminate qualified new opportunities to appropriate sales representative, collaborating with reps about the opportunity and determining appropriate action items
- Gain in-depth knowledge about the brand verified answers space
- BA/BS or similar college level education
- Ideal candidate will have a high desire to build a career in Sales
- 1+ years in the BDR function or relevant work experience
- Ability to work in fast paced, constantly evolving environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including high-level interactions with internal and external contacts
- Exceptional ability to organize work and tasks; attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Demonstrate a passion for learning new things and continuous improvement
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.