Business Development Representative at Twine
Twine is one of the world’s fastest growing analytics companies. We enable companies to operate better with data - whether that’s hiring faster, reducing turnover, or finding top performers.
We recently launched with one of the strongest customer logo lineups in SaaS, which includes: Zapier, Credit Karma, DollarShaveClub, and many more.
We’re backed by founders of billion dollar companies (MuleSoft, MobileIron), thought leaders in people analytics (Adam Grant), and Sand Hill Road VCs - many of whom have remarked we’re the strongest team in their portfolio.
We’re hiring for a sales development representative to scale with us. You’ll be the unstoppable force that helps us close our next 1000 customers. We’ll give you as much opportunity as you can handle. This will be a transformational, career-defining choice for you (and for us!) as Twine grows.What you’ll be doing.
- Become a strategic thought partner to our founder/CEO, working together to test sales messaging, refine our value proposition, and execute our go-to-market strategy.
- Drive tremendous quantity and quality of outbound every single day (calls, emails, drip campaigns) to our target customers.
- Lead rigorous research as you identify key decision-makers and reach out with highly-researched, deeply-personalized, and attention-getting messages.
- Grow far beyond the “standard SDR” role, including building playbooks to scale our sales outreach and designing sales analytics dashboards.
- Leverage Twine’s powerful network of billion-dollar company founders, executives, and industry leaders to establish connections to new customer accounts.
- Master our CRM system to maintain and report on activity and metrics.
- Collaborate extensively across the team and serve as a liaison between sales, customer success, and product.
We look for raw talent and potential first - almost everything else can be learned quickly.
The key attributes we value in teammates:
- You’re known for your relentless work ethic. You pride yourself on being the hardest-working person most people know.
- You’re high IQ, intellectually curious, and intellectually humble. You’re not afraid to say, “I don’t know - but I’ll figure it out, fast.”
- You never say, “that’s not my job” - you take full ownership and responsibility over outcomes. You’re a force of nature that gets the job done no matter what it takes.
- You make everyone else on the team better. Your presence, positivity, and drive inspires others to step up their game. You put the company above your own wants.
- You’re constantly improving. You know there’s no such thing as perfection, and you’re always pushing yourself (and our company) to be better than you were yesterday.
- You like to win. You don’t want a trophy for effort, you want it for first place.
The other stuff:
- 3+ months of experience in Sales Development, Lead Generation. You know the foundations of sales/business development that will get you adding value immediately.
- Organized; extreme attention to detail: you build systems to make sure nothing important ever slips. You pride yourself on sending emails without typos.
- High velocity: you schedule your day in 15 minute increments, and can crank through dozens of to-do list items in a day.
- Positive and upbeat! We pride ourselves on being optimistic and always finding a way through any challenge. We also enjoy making other people happy.
- Tech savvy: you’re an expert (or can quickly become one) in sales software that will augment your capabilities - from CRMs to sales engagement tools.
- Great communicator: you can explain complex concepts in clear, concise language.
- You’re just good: You’re honest, principled, smart, open to giving/receiving feedback, and focused on doing right for the company and doing right for the customer.
Our team: Our CEO, Joseph, spent years immersed in people analytics research and helped found an innovation team at Nike that grew 10X in a year. He’s also an Inc. 30 Under 30 recipient.
Our technology: Our data ingestion pipeline (Python/Airflow) captures people data from recruiting and HR platforms and uses it to create valuable analytics and insights for our users. Our web application is built in Django and React/Redux, and we use D3 for advanced data visualizations. We use AWS infrastructure, and SaltStack to streamline dev ops, scaling, and deployment.
- Be intellectually curious and humble. Have an insatiable desire to learn, not to be right. Be a “learn-it-all,” not a know-it-all. Have strong convictions, but listen to and learn from others.
- Believe in exceptional outcomes. Believe that ordinary people can do incredible things with the right attitude and will. Be positive, inspiring, and optimistic. (At the same time, acknowledge the demanding work ethic and drive required for success.)
- Get it done. Focus on rapid learning and execution, and be willing to roll up your sleeves and contribute any way possible. Be indomitably resourceful, drive through obstacles, and deliver on goals.
- Help others be great. Treat your teammates, customers, and partners with respect and kindness. Have positive impact on others in all interactions.
If the role isn’t an exact fit but you’re interested in learning more, send us a thoughtful note!