Clyde is an end-to-end product protection platform that is re-thinking the way retailers increase loyalty and drive revenue, and the way customers manage their purchases. We are tackling the $50B per year extended warranty market and becoming the de facto solution in the space by leveraging an intense focus on product, design, and customer experience. Clyde delivers product protection plans directly to consumers as they shop, owning the relationship from purchase to claim submission to resolution. We know that the relationship between retailers and their customers is far from over after checkout, so we’re building products to deliver value at every stage of this relationship.
The Business Development Representative (BDR) acts as a partner to the Account Executives calling on our largest prospects. The BDR provides frontline, outbound prospecting, lead generation, and follow up, clearly qualifying retail partnership opportunities and communicating Clyde’s value to merchants. This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced BDR to take on a new market ripe with huge opportunities. Successful Clyde BDRs that achieve their company goals can expect to progress into an Account Executive position within their first year.
What You’ll Do
- Relentless prospecting via phone, email, and LinkedIn
- Research and develop target accounts and prospect lists
- Initiate the sales process via outbound and inbound communications
- Create client interest, answer questions and qualify sales opportunities
- Capture pertinent client data and update the CRM database
- Establish and maintain relationships with the sales and marketing teams
- Help develop and evolve Clyde’s overall prospecting strategy and approach
This is the position for you if...
- You are currently in a BDR / LDR / SDR position and crushing it but looking for an opportunity where you can see your sales career grow.
- You are in your element when it comes to communicating value, creating urgency, and delighting customers.
What We Look For
- Dynamic personality with a high energy level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to compose compelling, beautiful emails
- A magnetic attraction to dialing phone numbers
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external customers
- Understanding of business phone and email etiquette
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Knowledge of CRM technologies
- Ability to deal with and adjust quickly to change
- Experience in the retail/ecommerce arenas preferred
Who are we?
Clyde is a product and design led organization founded in 2017 in NYC by a customer-obsessed team of designers, engineers, operators, and successful former founders. We have partnered with some of the top investors in the world to help us achieve our vision.
Why should you join us?
Clyde is building an incredibly thoughtful suite of products with enormous potential. We are a highly resourceful, motivated, and collaborative team, and we value diversity of all kinds. We hold ourselves to the highest standards. All members of our team will have ample opportunities for professional growth, plus, we offer competitive salaries and equity packages, health insurance, unlimited time off with a mandatory 10 days, a vacation fund, and a creative culture. We are building a really exciting company and can’t wait for you to join us.