Business Development Representative at SwagUp
All great things start small. SwagUp was born in our founder’s mom’s garage 3 years ago with a mission to make swag buying simple and the rest is history! What started as a small idea to create a brand for swag turned into a multi-million dollar technology company that is rapidly expanding.
SwagUp is an API-First platform for creating and distributing high quality branded merchandise. Everyone loves swag, until they are tasked with the logistical nightmare that is procuring and distributing it. We curate the highest quality products and make them accessible through one easy to use platform that can be used company-wide.
Top companies utilize SwagUp technology to automate onboarding processes, client retention, giveaways, new hire gifts, anniversaries, among other use cases.
We are on a mission to streamline and digitize the entire swag supply chain and make it accessible through the most user-friendly interfaces, and we do this all while maintaining a culture of performance and fun. SwagUp is truly a family all working towards a common goal. To the moon!
We are looking to bring on a Business Development Rep (BDR) to manage our inbound lead flow. In this extremely important role, you will be responsible for contacting new inbound leads, evaluating their needs and potential, filling in relevant client details into our CRM (Salesforce), and routing them to the appropriate team member, if they are qualified. Some leads may be harder to contact then others, this person isn’t afraid to chase someone down until they get in touch.
This process, when done well, will set up our Account Executive team for success by passing them only legitimate opportunities, with clients that are a fit, with the background information needed to hit the ground running. It will also give our Marketing team the metrics and information necessary to know what is working and what is not.
- Meet with and contact new inbound leads to evaluate their needs
- Form and maintain lasting relationships with potential customers to really set the tone for what it’s like to work with SwagUp - you’ll be the first point of contact and we want to ensure our BDR makes a lasting impression!
- Keep our CRM (Salesforce) up to date with lead data
- Routing qualified leads to the appropriate team member on our Sales team
- Managing our Intercom chat, team email, inbound phone calls, and re-engaging with our old leads that did not end up converting into customers, to ensure they do convert into customers!
- Connect and engage with new leads on social platforms like LinkedIn or Twitter
- Working alongside the marketing team to relay feedback and insights from discovery calls with leads to be integrated into our campaigns.
- Experience with Salesforce required, Salesloft is a plus
- Bonus if you have sales or sales development experience
- Bonus if you follow the startup landscape!
- Track record in overachieving in everything you do!
- The ideal candidate is hungry to do something great, curious to keep learning and organized
- Great listening skills, personable and outgoing phone presence, and self-motivated.
- Strive in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Customer-obsessed! New leads need to genuinely feel that from our BDR.
What Success Looks Like
- Vetting, qualifying, and converting inbound leads for the sales function of SwagUp.
- Remain organized, efficient, and on-target while managing a high volume of inbound activity.
- Wake up each morning proud of the place you work and the amazing companies you get to partner with
- Join the team at a time when you can help shape the future of the company
- Unlimited PTO, we are all adults, you’re in control
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Lots of swag!
- A performance culture that rewards results and promotes those that perform, quickly
- Being part of an organization that truly believes in promoting from within, at SwagUp your growth potential is uncapped!
SwagUp welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds and perspectives. Our success is directly correlated to our people, and we believe our team should reflect the diversity of the companies we partner with. As an organization, we strive to foster an inclusive, diverse environment where we all work towards a common goal! #tothemoon