We are NYC based but remote friendly!
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
We are looking to hire a Business Development Representative to help us grow our business-to-business product, Codecademy for Business. Codecademy for Business is our subscription product focused on selling access to Codecademy’s complete content library to businesses, teams and users looking to purchase bulk subscriptions.
As a Business Development Representative, you will be responsible for selling leads on the benefits of Codecademy for Business. You will be the primary point of contact for potential purchasers, communicate the benefits of Codecademy for Business, support onboarding, and drive retention and renewal. We are looking for someone who can help shape the future of the business product by synthesizing user feedback and needs.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Answer inbound requests from leads interested in buying Codecademy for Business.
- Build relationships with prospective purchasers, selling them on the benefits of Codecademy for Business.
- Once the sale is complete, help onboard users, ensuring customer success and driving customer retention.
- Help build process and best practices around Codecademy for Business sales, onboarding, retention and renewal techniques.
- Report on sales funnel targets and revenue.
- Support growth of product by understanding user needs and deficiencies in current product.
- 2-3 years of inside sales experience.
- A proactive attitude towards meeting sales targets.
- You need to be self-motivated, able to work independently, and comfortable building something from scratch.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An innovative mindset--constantly looking for ways to improve processes.
- Previous experience with CRMs like Hubspot or SalesForce.
- Previous experience working in ed-tech, or in a b2b sales role.
- Comfortable working towards sales targets.
- Enjoys talking, selling and pitching a product to clients.
- Has experience in outbound sales.
- Has worked on sales campaigns.
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.#LI-Remote